Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 637 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Didn't know where else to put this but its a really interesting article from the independent.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...l-man-utd-barcelona-real-madrid-a9330431.html

I actually got quite angry reading it to be honest but it's a brilliant dissection of just how unequal the game has become and how the big money clubs want it to be more unequal still.

Interesting article, very long but interesting.

I think it's time to call their bluff. Let the big clubs form their own global super league. They won't be able to give tickets away once the novelty wears off. It will make the domestic leagues more competitive. Without the big clubs, the domestic leagues can then do a deal to split the money more evenly.

Very interesting article. The big clubs are now worrying about the effects that Brexit might have on the recruitment of foreign players. If we are no longer bound by E.U. employment laws we could impose a limit on the number of non British players a club could employ.
The comment that an official made saying that we don't want too many Leicesters echoes a comment made some years ago by Scudamore. He basically said that for the good of the Premier League as a global brand, Manchester United needs to be successful. The same can be said of the Sky 6. They don't want the likes Everton, Newcastle or us upsetting the status quo.

Interesting article, very long but interesting.

I think it's time to call their bluff. Let the big clubs form their own global super league. They won't be able to give tickets away once the novelty wears off. It will make the domestic leagues more competitive. Without the big clubs, the domestic leagues can then do a deal to split the money more evenly.
Unfortunately BB, they will be able to give tickets away. Mega TV deals will further limit the lmportance of gate money. Are we cut adrift permanently or will our new owners and Purslow have the savvy to lead us to the promised land. Excellent article highlighting the mammoth gaps developing between the haves and the have nots.

Anyone else seen the 'spat' between Jon Moss and Dan Gosling/Bournemouth over comments Jon Moss is meant to have made re Bournemouth's lolwy league position?

The fat f**k has gone up in my estimation as a result (sorry, @sirdennis) :lol:

Was in the company of a PL referee last night and he said it was bound to be true but was pretty much a cheap shot based on the comments they receive and has to be considered part of the on-field relationship (ie. why there aren't dismissals for foul and abusive language, etc).

Was in the company of a PL referee last night and he said it was bound to be true but was pretty much a cheap shot based on the comments they receive and has to be considered part of the on-field relationship (ie. why there aren't dismissals for foul and abusive language, etc).

I've never understood that. I'd book the first player to curse at me and watch them all change their tune.

I've never understood that. I'd book the first player to curse at me and watch them all change their tune.
I remember the FA tried to implement a crack-down on the language used towards officials some years ago. Gareth Barry got sent off (I think at Portsmouth) early in the season when ge gave the linesmen an earful, then, as with most of these so-called tweaks to laws, it faded as ManUre and others complained that it wasn't fair to not let their players surround the ref and give him verbals every time they didn't get their way.
It is only at the professional level where you can get away with it.

Anyone remember the goalkeeper six-second rule? Or the benefit of marginal offside decisions being given to the attacking player?

Bruce is the ultimate dinosaur. He can do a very particular job and that's backs against the wall survival stuff, precisely what he's doing at Newcastle right now.

But when it comes to playing expansive football and crucially building a side with an identity and future proofing it, Steve Bruce is absolutely fucking garbage.

If there's one thing that's absolutely guaranteed with Steve Bruce it's that he will leave you in a shambolic mess after he's gone. Smith really did work miracles to get us promoted last season.

I like Steve Bruce. He seems like a very decent man who did a good job for us during a turbulent time with Xia.

He's not football's greatest mind but then Richie De Laet is a rubbish player. If he took more responsibility for his own performances he'd be a much better player for it rather than blaming everyone else.

http://www.thefa.com/news/2020/feb/14/england-to-play-romania-at-villa-park-140220

Not sure where to put this but England V Romania at Villa Park this June, think ill try and get along to it.

Never been to an England game so I'll definitely try to get a ticket. Disgraceful that I genuinely can't remember the last time England played at Villa Park yet they've played at fucking Southampton multiple times.

I work with loads of Romanians as well so the build up to this will ve pretty tasty at work. Be great to see super Jack and Mings strutting their stuff in an England shirt at the home of football.

Never been to an England game so I'll definitely try to get a ticket. Disgraceful that I genuinely can't remember the last time England played at Villa Park yet they've played at fucking Southampton multiple times.

I work with loads of Romanians as well so the build up to this will ve pretty tasty at work. Be great to see super Jack and Mings strutting their stuff in an England shirt at the home of football.

I went to a few England games at Villa Park when Wembley was being rebuilt, pretty good but I was way more into England then. Nowadays I’m not but I’ll definitely go along to this, especially as Mings and Grealish could be playing as you say. Mid summer, Sunday evening, could be a good day.