Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 373 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

I really liked Leeds and hoped that they would go up automatically but...
since the game at their place I just wish them bad fortune....
Yet again they are in the papers winging about Derbys so called sale of their stadium to the owners other companies or supposedly involved with company, to get around the FFP rule to bringing in cash.
So what ? if he has the cash to do it after already buying the club, what's the problem?
We are still getting daggers from the north over diving JACK, the Houner punch, the goal that they scored but didnt cheat, Blah,blah and Blah.
can they not just go on holiday, switch off and do one?
Fact is they blew the automatic promotion.
They had the so called, easier play off semi, to their minds anyways.
They shagged that up but it is still somebody else's fault.
Just like The bitter Geordies I suppose.
Next bus move along.
Well they certainly bucked the trend that teams that are top at Christmas get promoted - couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of dirty, cheating scum.
They sang "2-0 and you f**ked it up" to us, well they were also 2-0 to Derby and they went and f**ked it up. Lampard did not have to motivate his players for the match at Bellend Road due to all of the taunting and piss taking that their classless fans did.

Bit like McGatemack really isn't it.............:shake:

On a serious note, why would you stay if you're not wanted? At 30, you would think he'd still want to play. Clearly could afford to take a significant cut in pay and play for the hell of it in pretty much any league. No sympathy from me.

I'd like to think I'd go and play somewhere if that was me, but at the end of the day it's not his fault he's contracted for the next 3 years on such a high wage. On the other hand, why should he take a pay cut when he'll probably outlast Zidane anyway?!

I'd like to think I'd go and play somewhere if that was me, but at the end of the day it's not his fault he's contracted for the next 3 years on such a high wage. On the other hand, why should he take a pay cut when he'll probably outlast Zidane anyway?!

That's definitely Gabby talking........

With regards Bale, the noise coming out of Madrid is that he's fallen out of love with football, but loves his life in Madrid.

To be honest, if that was me I'd stay and pick up the remainder of my contract too and spend my weeks playing golf and spending time with my family and kids.

They're a fucking joke.

The whole justification being the area couldn't cope with more fans as explaining such a pathetic ticket allocation was one thing, but this is a new level. If I was Arsenal I'd be thinking legal action.
This is always the problem with FIFA and EUFA inclusivity and diversity bollocks. How far do you take it. Perhaps we could have next years final at Perry Hall park on a Sunday morning.

Heard a good one on Talksport this morning.

De Graafschap who finished 2nd from bottom of the Eredivise (dutch top flight) are playing Cambuur who finished 10th in the Eerste Divisie (dutch 2nd division) in a playoff game.

Ignoring the obvious question as to how a team finishing 10th could possibly still get promotion via the playoffs, the really interesting thing about this game is that
De Graafschap manager Henk De Jong has already signed a contract for next season with............ Cambuur.

So, if De Graafschap win then Henk joins Cambur still in the 2nd division.

But if they lose Cambuur go up and Henk stays a top flight manager.

Talk about a conflict of interest!!!!

I heard that too. Surely the owners should just give him the boot now and stick one of the other coaches in charge for the game. But a team finishing 10th in the play off final!! And to think some people complain about the way our leagues are set up with 6th place in the running.

Well they certainly bucked the trend that teams that are top at Christmas get promoted - couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of dirty, cheating scum.
They sang "2-0 and you f**ked it up" to us, well they were also 2-0 to Derby and they went and f**ked it up. Lampard did not have to motivate his players for the match at Bellend Road due to all of the taunting and piss taking that their classless fans did.

It was their players too, when Leeds scored the opener all their team ran over to the Derby fans in the corner and slid on their knees up to them. I get fans taking the piss but think its small time when players try and do it.

Dean Smith has been quoted as saying that he thought that were two McGinns on the pitch at times, well watching BT Sport tonight and there are indeed two McGinns on the pitch - John's brother Paul and Steven are playing for St Mirren in the playoff first leg against Dundee Utd.

As another coincidence, Benji Siegrist is playing in goal for Dundee and made a world class save to keep the score 0-0. Benji was a youth goalkeeper for us for a few years but never made it to the first team.

Letting Benj go was a mistake for me. Head and shoulders above everyone else coming through at the time and played incredibly well for Solihull Moors but think he ended up homesick or pissed at his pathway through being blocked - one of the two. I guess the latter if he's now in Scootland as he returned home originally.