Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 98 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

I thought Pochettino understood football.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43829081

Pochettino said it would be "fantastic" to win a trophy, but that only Premier League or Champions League success would be regarded as taking a step up.

"Is it going to change our life? I don't believe," said the Argentine.

"It would be fantastic to finish the season with a trophy. I don't think it's about need or not need."

There will, of course, be no outcome for either club Mike. Shocking really in such a liberal and tolerant society.

Erdowank (maybe I misspelled that?) has probably made himself a referee as well and has final say.

Such a shame, and they wonder why tourism is falling is I heard right. Never been, but such a beautiful country and good people in the main from what I've seen, but Gov and football - well it's England in the 70's.

Problem being they've been like it in a football sense since the 40's and haven't improved.

Just watching some trashy football show on C4 (The Real Football Fan Show) and they've been discussing the forthcoming FA Cup semis.

They just asked a Saints fan - FA Cup win and relegation or stay up and no FA Cup? He answered before they'd finished the question - FA Cup every time.

Good lad.

I'd have taken that in 2015, and I'd take it now in reverse - FA (or even Carabao) Cup and no promotion. Winning trophies, giving the fans something to savour. Surely that's what sport is about? Not bobbing along, finishing 17th in the Prem every year and doing fuck all else.