Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 946 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Yes it’s difficult to know at the moment who to support in neutral games I watch. Take last night, I wanted Burnley to get at least a draw against Spurs to hold them back from us at the top. But should I have been pleased Spurs won in case we end up joining the relegation pack again?

I don't think that you can ever justify hoping for a Spurs win

The bottom 5 fixtures this weekend.
Sheff Utd - Man City
Burnley - Chelsea
Spurs - Brighton
Fulham - West Brom.
Dont think there will be much change at the bottom this time next week.

The bottom 5 fixtures this weekend.
Sheff Utd - Man City
Burnley - Chelsea
Spurs - Brighton
Fulham - West Brom.
Dont think there will be much change at the bottom this time next week.

Fulham are proper gash, they could easily hand the Baggies the win and kick start a bit of improvement.

Obvs hope not, the twats.

Looked at the prem table yesterday which is something I don't normally take any notice of till the last ten games of the season but I distinctly noticed the bottom 5 they are 5 which I would describe as the littlest clubs in the league with the exception that Sheffield in my old headed system is a little bit bigger than Palace and Southampton.But the rest of the league in my eyes looks like a premier league.So the point I'm trying to get at is I get the feeling this pandemic is already causing a divide between the rich and the poor which I think is sad because I do like to see the big teams in the big league but I also like a few wild cards in the mix.But I think the days of these teams signing 20/30 million pound players has gone they will rely on gate receipts a lot more than the well supported clubs because I would imagine their merchandise sales and advertising fees are a lot less than the bigger clubs it's beginning to look like a natural selection of the fittest that will survive for me which if true is sad.

I definitely think Sheffield are disproportionately affected by the lack of fans. As their own fans have mentioned, their players are a bunch of bogtrotters. They seem energized by the crowd and lifted up a level and kept honest by their fans.

The current table and the pandemic table relative to what we know over the past 5 years is very interesting reading.

I remember Palace having a decent start last season then dropping then winning 5 on the bounce. Then they slid down fast towards the end but had enough to finish comfortably safe
Exactly. I remember at the start of last season pundits were tipping them for a UEFA cup spot, yet they had a period towards the end where they were being talked about as possibly getting dragged into the relegation scrap.

A group of Newcastle United supporters is threatening the Premier League with legal action following the aborted takeover of the club this summer.
https://www.skysports.com/football/...inst-premier-league-following-failed-takeover

200.gif

Everton full-back Digne's three-game suspension has been reduced to one game. So, essentially they've decided it wasn't a red-card, yet he's still suspended for a game. Can someone explain this to me?

Everton full-back Digne's three-game suspension has been reduced to one game. So, essentially they've decided it wasn't a red-card, yet he's still suspended for a game. Can someone explain this to me?
A red card for intentional dangerous play is a 3 game ban I believe. Digne's foul must have been reviewed and seen as unintentional but still a red card offence.