Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 801 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

7 minutes played - Barcelona 1 Bayern Munich 1

10 minutes played and it should be 3-1 to Barca.

The Germans are playing a high defensive line and getting caught out all the time.....Good!

Barca look crap apart from Messi who has made a few dribbles and put in a few excellent crosses. Defence is shaky and the midfield is woeful; De Jong looks like a rabbit in the headlights, Vidal and Busquets too old. Suarez also looks a couple years too old now. Shame because I like Barca and watching Messi on form is special but he constantly gets let down by mediocre players around him

Barca look crap apart from Messi who has made a few dribbles and put in a few excellent crosses. Defence is shaky and the midfield is woeful; De Jong looks like a rabbit in the headlights, Vidal and Busquets too old. Suarez also looks a couple years too old now. Shame because I like Barca and watching Messi on form is special but he constantly gets let down by mediocre players around him

They have really been on the slide this year. Time has caught up with this team and they don't have the money to rebuild it to the level they want.

Barca, City, Arsenal under Dracula and Germany at the last World Cup. All those teams refused to play it long under any circumstance and they got destroyed when a team shows up and closes them down as a unit. Usually is the two centre backs and the keeper refusing to go long that fucks them up.

They have really been on the slide this year. Time has caught up with this team and they don't have the money to rebuild it to the level they want.
They’ve been on the slide since Iniesta and Xavi left.

From what I’ve read it seems like the club is run in a completely amateur basis and would make even us in past years look good. I think their budget is actually very high but they constantly waste it overpaying for players who don’t fit their style and are often too young or too old. In fact I think a few times they’ve been caught out because they’ve signed too many South American players and haven’t been allowed to register all them which sums up how farcical they are. Nearly every transfer they’ve made in the last couple of years has been poor.

Nearly every transfer they’ve made in the last couple of years has been poor.

Thats been Barca for decades though I remember a long time ago when Van Gael took over they signed a mountain of players and they were all nearly useless. And they did that season after season completely overhauling the starting 11. Some incredible players have just not worked out, they had Maradona and Riquelme too.

They've had an embarrassing amount of talent come in and out - Messi, Ronaldinho, Xavi and Iniesta won them everything. Everyone else as brilliant as they were was just bit-part players. Nobody else made any difference at all except maybe Busquets and Ter Stegen.