Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 794 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

I think I mentioned it before but in January I went to Roma v Lazio, a penalty was awarded but the ref ran over to the monitor to check his decision, he came back after seeing the footage and overruled his initial decision as he got it wrong (But tbh I thought it was a penalty myself initially so can see why he give it), whole process took 2-3 minutes which isn’t very long at all to get the correct decision. It also makes the ref fully responsible for his own decisions instead of having someone butting in with the ref having no idea. No idea why the PL hasn’t been doing it this way from the beginning, let the referee referee! Trying to do it their own way for the sake of being different and it hasn’t worked, should’ve done it the way everyone else has been doing it form the beginning and made changes from there.

Re VAR you'd like to hope it would cut down on the errors!
And refs are more likely to overturn their own mistakes you'd hope, rather than the referee's union closing ranks when their mate drops a clanger.
My argument all along was that VAR, the way it was being used basically took all the authority and decision-making away from the referee. The argument that monitors would slow it down are not valid...some of the delays we had this year while these idiots in Stockley Park watched 27 replays proves it. The way VAR should work is that the ref gets an alert that a mistake may have been made, then he immediately goes to the monitor to either confirm his mistake or uphold the decision.
Even John Moss would only take 30 seconds to waddle over to the monitor.... :scoot:

And refs are more likely to overturn their own mistakes you'd hope, rather than the referee's union closing ranks when their mate drops a clanger.

Yup, that would be my hope as looking themselves they take responsibility rather than hiding behind the faceless at Stockley Park.

not sure if it makes a great deal of difference tbh -
what about all the 'incidents' missed by the ref ?
Is stockley still checking those or does the ref waddle over to the telly and watch those as well - game gonna drag on

Arsenal should face a transfer ban.

Disgusting what is going on there.

When Arsenal played at Highbury there was always a bit of class about the club but that's disappeared with the way they go on these days both on and off the pitch.

Shocking decision to sack 55 staff when they pay Mesut Ozil a £350,00-a-week contract,

The Arsenal players all took wage cuts during the lockdown, cuts not deferments like most teams. Surely that money could have been but to use keeping those 55 jobs? Arsenals biggest shareholder is worth over 8 billion pounds. Absolute scandal.

Is what Arsenal are doing a new method in trying to get around FFP.

Sack enough staff to afford to pay players you couldn't afford otherwise.

I think this warrants a FA investigation.

Is what Arsenal are doing a new method in trying to get around FFP.

Sack enough staff to afford to pay players you couldn't afford otherwise.

I think this warrants a FA investigation.

But surely the staff they've binned off can't be costing more than the pay rise they've just given Aubameyang?