Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 740 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

From BBC website:

MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head
  • This is the 50th Premier League fixture between these sides. Aston Villa have won just three of the previous 49, losing 34 times.
  • Villa have won just one of their last 42 Premier League meetings with Manchester United (D11, L30), with their solitary victory coming at Old Trafford in December 2009.
  • Manchester United are unbeaten in 20 Premier League away games against Aston Villa (W13, D7) since losing 3-1 at Villa Park on the opening day of the 1995-96 season. It is the longest unbeaten away run by one team against another in top-flight history.

Oh okay. This should be a walk in the park for us then !

West Ham losing means they are 4 points ahead of 18th with Watford Norwich Bournemouth and ourselves still to play. Hardly a crisis.

English football has been "disrespected" by the "tremendous shock" of Wigan going into administration, says EFL chairman Rick Parry. The future seemed bright for the Championship club when they changed Hong Kong-based owners a month ago, but last week's revelation of their financial predicament has resulted in a 12-point deduction, which has yet to be officially applied.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53341269

I reckon West Ham will be safe by the time they play us.

Watford have to play Newcastle, West Ham, Man C and Arsenal. They could easily lose the lot.

Bournemouth have to play Spurs, Leicester, Man C, Southampton and Everton. They won't get anything unless one of those teams is off-form; at the moment I reckon none of them are that off-form.

It's up to us.

West Ham losing means they are 4 points ahead of 18th with Watford Norwich Bournemouth and ourselves still to play. Hardly a crisis.

It's certainly a problem though. 4 points is the equivelent to crossing the English channel! Just when was the last time we picked up a 3 point haul in one match?

Even though it's still mathmatically possible to escape, I'm sorry to say, I can't see it. The relegation spots have already been decided.

It's certainly a problem though. 4 points is the equivelent to crossing the English channel! Just when was the last time we picked up a 3 point haul in one match?

Even though it's still mathmatically possible to escape, I'm sorry to say, I can't see it. The relegation spots have already been decided.
I meant hardly a crisis for west ham! We on the other hand are in the shite.

FIFA has taken full operational control of Video Assistant Referees [VARs], world football's governing body has informed all associations.
https://www.skysports.com/football/...ntrol-of-var-in-letter-to-member-associations

"Following the successful launch period where FIFA worked in conjunction with The IFAB, we would like to inform you that all VAR-related activities will now transfer to FIFA."

giphy.gif

The most interesting football clubs in the United States will not be involved in the MLS is Back tournament this month and they will not take part in the NWSL Challenge Cup. In fact, they have not missed a single fixture even as the rest of the country does its best to cope with the coronavirus pandemic. That is because the most interesting and fun football clubs in the country do not actually exist.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53226659

200w.gif

The most interesting football clubs in the United States will not be involved in the MLS is Back tournament this month and they will not take part in the NWSL Challenge Cup. In fact, they have not missed a single fixture even as the rest of the country does its best to cope with the coronavirus pandemic. That is because the most interesting and fun football clubs in the country do not actually exist.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53226659

200w.gif
As a 29-year resident of the US I have tried and tried and tried to equate the MLS with real football. I would love to be able to look forward to going to a match and get that buzz that I get when walking up the Trinity Rd.... Even when I've had some of my former college players playing, I find it incredibly difficult to watch. I think it's a combination of things; level of play, bad marketing, TV commentators who don't have a clue, studio pundits who don't have a clue, short season played through the summer etc etc. It's cack, sorry....