Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 727 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Watford’s next game is at Chelsea but then they have Norwich at home. If we get anything from either of the next 2 games it would be the biggest shock of the season. 4 points behind with 4 to play, and probably a much worse goal difference by then. It looks like we will need to win 3 out of the last 4.

This is the problem... other teams at the bottom can pick up “surprise” wins and points whereas we for whatever reason can’t. This puts us in a proper dogfight now as we can’t just wait around for other teams to lose. West Ham could pull away now, Watford also have winnable games... I’m still surprised they are even down there at all I can see them winning a few games.

Watford’s next game is at Chelsea but then they have Norwich at home. If we get anything from either of the next 2 games it would be the biggest shock of the season. 4 points behind with 4 to play, and probably a much worse goal difference by then. It looks like we will need to win 3 out of the last 4.
Yes and West Ham have Newcastle and Burnley followed by Norwich so there’s going to be points won there, Watford also have to play Newcastle after Chelsea and Norwich, and then they play each other! So one of those or both could easily pull away in the next few games before we get a chance.

We would never have scored a goal like that West Ham winner. We would have been so deep and just whacking it anywhere in the hope of clinging to the point.

Unfortunately that is so true and hence makes me feel hopeless about our survival chances. We don't have the never say die attitude. We in fact look dead to me. I think the only way we might be able to do something to stay up is if we go to the last day and we need a win to stay up. I don't know what makes me say that though, just a gut feeling perhaps !

Unfortunately that is so true and hence makes me feel hopeless about our survival chances. We don't have the never say die attitude. We in fact look dead to me. I think the only way we might be able to do something to stay up is if we go to the last day and we need a win to stay up. I don't know what makes me say that though, just a gut feeling perhaps !
Having seen our response in the, "must win" games at Southampton and Bournemouth I wouldn't bet on it