Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 711 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Good game being played by myself and junior 1. Basically consists of whatever conversation we are having we must interrupt each other saying ' oh guess what? , liverpool have won the league ' then whoever is asked has to say 'really, it's not been mentioned '.

Kept us amused all afternoon.

Good game being played by myself and junior 1. Basically consists of whatever conversation we are having we must interrupt each other saying ' oh guess what? , liverpool have won the league ' then whoever is asked has to say 'really, it's not been mentioned '.

Did Liverpool win the league then? Strange, because they weren't playing the other night and there's been no mention of it in the media. 🤣🤣🤣

And that serves to remind me what I haven't been missing for half time chats.

I am from India, and here cricket is the number 1 sport and by comparison even though football is the 2nd most loved sport here, there is still a massive difference between the number of purely football and purely cricket fans. Those that support clubs from Europe here choose from among the best of clubs such Barca, Real Madrid etc. however as for choosing their favourite club in England goes, then an overwhelming number of them are United fans.
So what made you screw-up DI? :fish:;)

Last edited:
Never happened when I was a kid you got taken to see a local team, thankfully my uncle was a Villa fan.
Kids grow up these day bombarded by the media and their bias, toward winning clubs, so kid picks one. They don't actually support those team they just follow their results on TV. They spend their childhood never going to a game of football.
Odd exceptions are of course possible
Back in the late fifties, Liverpool FC were a run of the mill football club. Remember them as an ok team,nothing special. Second division seemed,( a la Houllier) their "natural place in the football hierarchy. Then the Liverpool board decided to "go for it', bringing in players such as StJohn,Ron Yeats and Peter Thompson. The rest is history but the biggest and most important signing was a certain Bill Shankly. We,like Liverpool,have the financial backing, even allowing for FFP. Conclusion? No need to be a Rocket Scientist.

Brentford win. Should have won 3-1 based on the chances created. Still the same Brentford I remember seeing when we were in the championship. Regardless of their manager, their style of play is still the same.