Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 693 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

It is a challenge for sports leagues across the world - if play can only resume in empty stadiums, how can the atmosphere be improved?

However, not many clubs will be rushing to follow the example of FC Seoul.

The top-flight South Korean side has apologised after fans accused them of using sex dolls in the stands.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-52702075

:wahey:

I can imagine the atmosphere will be like going to the Emirates or Etihad

(only just clocked they are both crazy rich Arab airlines)

I see Spuds defender Serge Aurier has been caught breaking lockdown for a third time, this time to get a haircut. What a twat.

I read he's broken lockdown more times than Spurs have had clean sheets this calendar year :lol:

The Saudi takeover of Newcastle stinks more and more by the day. The family of Khashoggi have apparently "forgiven" his assassins. Given that the Saudi Sovereign Fund behind the takeover is effectively the Saudi Arabia's state financial reserves, surely the FA can't approve the takeover. Or will they?

The two reasons why I think they shouldn't are:
(1) no football club should be effectively owned by a foreign state, with the ownership dictated by that state, with all the wider influence that state has. Man C comes close but I think probably stays on the right side of the line, just. The Saudi takeover is way over that line.
(2) the particularly nasty characteristics of the Saudi state, of which the Khashoggi murder is just one example, mean it is totally unsuitable to be near the wonderful game.

The Glazers are deferring the £10m VAT payment for a year while paying out £11m in dividends to shareholders. That includes £8.5m to the Glazer family.
Back of The Mail on Sunday.
Apparently M.U. announced, last week ,that their net debt had risen b y£127m to £429.1m.
I haven't got enough fingers to work that lot out.

The Saudi takeover of Newcastle stinks more and more by the day. The family of Khashoggi have apparently "forgiven" his assassins. Given that the Saudi Sovereign Fund behind the takeover is effectively the Saudi Arabia's state financial reserves, surely the FA can't approve the takeover. Or will they?

The two reasons why I think they shouldn't are:
(1) no football club should be effectively owned by a foreign state, with the ownership dictated by that state, with all the wider influence that state has. Man C comes close but I think probably stays on the right side of the line, just. The Saudi takeover is way over that line.
(2) the particularly nasty characteristics of the Saudi state, of which the Khashoggi murder is just one example, mean it is totally unsuitable to be near the wonderful game.
The Saudi Royal family and their cronies should not be welcome in this country. No one has done more to spread Wahhabi terrorism than the House of Saud, no country is more corrupt than Saudi Arabia as well. They're committing genocide of Yemeni's and continue to commit horrific abuses against their own citizens, whether that's making women and other minorities second class citizens or in allowing Sharia law to operate.

They are a fucking disgrace.

The Saudi Royal family and their cronies should not be welcome in this country. No one has done more to spread Wahhabi terrorism than the House of Saud, no country is more corrupt than Saudi Arabia as well. They're committing genocide of Yemeni's and continue to commit horrific abuses against their own citizens, whether that's making women and other minorities second class citizens or in allowing Sharia law to operate.

They are a fucking disgrace.

Doesn’t our royal family have a strong connection with their top princes through a “love of horse riding” was the quote that stuck in my head?

Maybe the wrong thread, but I did see somewhere (I’ll have to find the link to make sure I’m not making this up) that our arms sales to Saudi Arabia have dropped considerably, with Germany and France selling more to them than we do now.

Middle East countries in sport is a joke, the World Cup in Qatar is a crime against humanity. I’m falling out of love with the game at the top and international level.

It’s a poor mans game, it’s why it’s loved and played around the world. The Arabs with more money than its possible to record, should only be incentivised with our beautiful game if they change their ways.

Doesn’t our royal family have a strong connection with their top princes through a “love of horse riding” was the quote that stuck in my head?

Maybe the wrong thread, but I did see somewhere (I’ll have to find the link to make sure I’m not making this up) that our arms sales to Saudi Arabia have dropped considerably, with Germany and France selling more to them than we do now.

Middle East countries in sport is a joke, the World Cup in Qatar is a crime against humanity. I’m falling out of love with the game at the top and international level.

It’s a poor mans game, it’s why it’s loved and played around the world. The Arabs with more money than its possible to record, should only be incentivised with our beautiful game if they change their ways.

Mate if it wasn't for oil they'd have been nuked years ago, they are still up to stuff we were doing 800 years ago . We tolerate them we don't like them all because of oil

Mate if it wasn't for oil they'd have been nuked years ago, they are still up to stuff we were doing 800 years ago . We tolerate them we don't like them all because of oil
We judge them by Western standards and generalise. Who says we're right as a group, just read the Women's Football thread and anything that Donald Trump has ever written, said or thought. :rofl:

So, according to many on here, all Chinese are corrupt and all Arabs abuse human rights. So obviously it follows that all govt officials are upstanding citizens who followed the rules they helped to set down - nahhhh, not having it.