Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 692 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Think we should get an offer in quick (although difficult without knowing where we are next season). If I was Poch, I'd prefer our owners to Newcastle's prospective ones.
id sooner have raffa and we should have fucked smith off at christmas and bought him in
only going one way under smith we was lucky to get up in the first place if it wasnt for grealish coming back and playing like he did we would still bet in the championship and mid table im guessing

id sooner have raffa and we should have fucked smith off at christmas and bought him in
only going one way under smith we was lucky to get up in the first place if it wasnt for grealish coming back and playing like he did we would still bet in the championship and mid table im guessing

Rafa's football is just dire to watch though. I realise Deano isn't really cutting the mustard at the moment, but think the owners will want to maintain the attractive football route. Mind you I would have taken Big Sam for the last 10 games if I had the choice

Rafa's football is just dire to watch though. I realise Deano isn't really cutting the mustard at the moment, but think the owners will want to maintain the attractive football route. Mind you I would have taken Big Sam for the last 10 games if I had the choice
big sam should have come in at christmas to at least give us a fighting chance as he knows how to set up a side not to lose but saying that with the players we have at villa it would have been a tall order .i think we should have give hutton another year and a few others and tried to get snoddy back

The manager who slipped through the net that does bother me is Carlo Ancelotti at Everton - And who would have thought that?

He could have been great at Villa Park with all his managerial experience and European contacts.

A big manager for a big job and a big club like AVFC - It could have been so good but now we will never know?

Harsh as it sounds, I would’ve moved Smith on for Ancelotti at Xmas. You could argue he’s one of the best managers in the world, he has success pretty much everywhere he goes. I’m a huge Ancelotti fan, I think he would bring a level of discipline to VP that I don’t think we’ve had in years and probably fell apart during the DOL years, with the odd couple of years under MON where it was higher.

Pep is a great manager but everywhere he’s been he’s had the conditions right for him in terms of inheriting squads (Barca and Bayern) or spending hundreds and hundreds of millions at City.

I didn't know into which thread to put this quote by Rod Liddle in the Sunday Times, but it made me smile.
"I do not like Pep Guardiola's woke, leftist, sensibilities. In the good old days managers tended to be borderline fascists, not Nick Clegg in a tracksuit."
I don't necessarily agree with the sentiment but it conjures up some interesting comparisons.

I didn't know into which thread to put this quote by Rod Liddle in the Sunday Times, but it made me smile.
"I do not like Pep Guardiola's woke, leftist, sensibilities. In the good old days managers tended to be borderline fascists, not Nick Clegg in a tracksuit."
I don't necessarily agree with the sentiment but it conjures up some interesting comparisons.

And like most borderline fascists, they actually weren't very good.