Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 632 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Thought it was a winter break. So how come two prem matches today?

I put this in the fixture changes thread

So 2 games on Saturday 8th and 2 on Sunday 9th

Then the weekend after there is a game on Friday 14th , 2 games on Saturday 15th , 2 games on Sunday 16th and one on Monday 17th.

All so there is football to televise on both weekends. Sky made it a condition of having a winter break I believe.

I put this in the fixture changes thread

So 2 games on Saturday 8th and 2 on Sunday 9th

Then the weekend after there is a game on Friday 14th , 2 games on Saturday 15th , 2 games on Sunday 16th and one on Monday 17th.

All so there is football to televise on both weekends. Sky made it a condition of having a winter break I believe.

It’s not a winter break really is it, it’s just so BT/Sky can televise every game and it’s being labelled as such. I’m all for a proper winter break like other countries but this one is a bit of a token.

It’s not a winter break really is it, it’s just so BT/Sky can televise every game and it’s being labelled as such. I’m all for a proper winter break like other countries but this one is a bit of a token.

Depends how you look at it. Every club is getting a weekend off so I suppose you could call it that.

Brighton/Watford draw suits us nicely. Now need Sheffield U to hammer Bournemouth and Man C to hammer Hammers. Odds on unless the weather upsets things. Dutch and Belgian leagues have cancelled Sunday games.

I’m all for a winter break, but not over Xmas. I’m not a massive fan of Xmas so taking football away would be proper depressing.

First two weeks of January for me, usually there’s shit weather anyway so standing in a freezing cold stadium a few less weeks of the year won’t go a miss.

As for the players, hope they’re relaxing and reflecting on the season, not enjoying themselves too much. Need to focus and get back into it when they land, or they may not be premier league players in 4-5 months if they don’t.