Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 521 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

It's been mooted before, but if every time somebody was had up in court for uttering death threats, or similar, on social media, the platform in question was prosecuted for allowing it to happen, we might start getting a competent level of moderation on those platforms.

There would be screams about suppression of free speech, but in reality it's not difficult to distinguish between reasonable comment and stuff which is way over the red line. Newspapers have limitations on how far they can go; why not social media?
Nice idea McP, but Trump would be impeached and probably serving 4 concurrent life sentences, so about 2yrs or so. :lol:

What are your thoughts on the Gomes tackle? Looked really horrible and here's hoping his career isn't over.

Lots of people talking about Son being sent off. I personally think he should have been. To me, he was cheating by hitting Gomes with a cynical foul. Usually it's a yellow, but if you cheat and the result of that is a broken leg - how can it not be a sending off? I like Son, and he was genuinely disturbed by what happened, but actions should have consequences. Hope his card isn't overturned.

Maybe while we are at it, could this be a catalyst for being harsher on cynical fouls? I personally hate them. Man city were doing a fair few to us the other week - it's just a shitty tactic that ruins the flow of the game.

Careful what you wish for, all teams including the one we support to cynical fouls.
Cynical, accidental or just plain good tackles can break a leg, starting sending players off because it breaks a leg is a whole new can of worms

Careful what you wish for, all teams including the one we support to cynical fouls.
Cynical, accidental or just plain good tackles can break a leg, starting sending players off because it breaks a leg is a whole new can of worms
It's just more that I really don't like cynical fouls. I know every team does them, including us - but I would love that not to be the case.

Any tackle could produce what has just happened, If it was a fair tackle or an accidental foul, it would have been just bad luck. When it comes from cheating, that makes it more avoidable/less forgivable in my opinion .

I totally agree with this: Martin Atkinson did not regard Son's tackle as being serious foul play when he saw it as he showed by producing a yellow card, i.e he could not have thought that Son had endangered the safety of an opponent or used excessive force or brutality ; he then judged the tackle on its consequences and sent Son off. If the tackle is not serious foul play before Gomez is seen to be injured then by the way that the law is couched it surely can't be afterwards.

Nah shouldn’t have been a sending off. He was going to get a yellow, he sees the injury and deems it red in the emotion of it all. Wasn’t the tackle that caused the injury, you just know there isn’t a bad bone in Son’s body and spurs are right to appeal, just one of those freak injuries you get now and then.

Fair play to Steve Bruce, he's got Newcastle into some form despite getting a lot of stick from the fans up there.

Perhaps he's the legend that Utd need to turn it around?

Lots of rumours about Jose getting back in the game. Arsenal and Bayern have both been linked. I'd like to see him convince the Bayern players that they are the underdogs in Germany.

There's probably too much power in the Bayern boardroom for Jose's liking. Hoeness and Rummenigge seem to call all the shots. He'd fall out with them within weeks

Just can’t see him (Jose) at Bayern myself but wouldn’t completely rule it out. He’s a big name and they’re a big club but it doesn’t seem like a good fit to me.

Moyes has been revealing his thoughts for the future:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50297149

Here's a quote:
"
And he revealed he has had "lots of opportunities just now to go back to work but most of them have been in the English Championship".

"I've managed most of my career in the Premier League, so that's the level I expect to be at," he said on BBC Radio Scotland.
"
Deluded. Real managers take opportunities when they arise. Nothing wrong with managing in the Championship.

Moyes has been revealing his thoughts for the future:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50297149

Here's a quote:
"
And he revealed he has had "lots of opportunities just now to go back to work but most of them have been in the English Championship".

"I've managed most of my career in the Premier League, so that's the level I expect to be at," he said on BBC Radio Scotland.
"
Deluded. Real managers take opportunities when they arise. Nothing wrong with managing in the Championship.

Ive been playing the lottery for most of my life and I expect to win but it just doesn’t happen.

Twat.