Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 5 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Gary Monk has not been sacked(again) because of results but because of back of house problems. Maybe he has an attitude problem with the money men.

McParlandTheGreat - 24/12/2017 20:01

Whoops! Europa League 2013-2014. First and only time they were in Europe. Got through the 3rd qualifying round, and the play-off round, qualified for the final 32 by coming 2nd in Group A of the group stages, knocked out by Napoli in the final 32. Had some cracking wins before that.

Yes they did very well, punched well above their weight I thought.

Ordinarily, I would have no problem with Garry Monk, but in our current situation, I can't really see that he is an upgrade on Bruce.

Who knows though? There is more than a small element in luck in any appointment if you ask me. The likes of Sir Chewalot and Wenger, and what they have built and achieved, are few and far between, and will probably never be replicated in the modern game.

But a little bit of entertainment is surely not too much to ask? People slate the "young and hungry" managers, but Pocchetino isn't doing too badly for himself is he?

Latest seems to be that 'boro decided that Pulis was a better fit; they like his "pragmatic" approach rather than the open play Monk was aiming for. Feel sorry for 'boro fans. We did well out of them signing Gestede and Adama; wonder who made those decisions, was it the owner or Karanka?

I see Wednesday have sacked their manager too. They lost to Boro in the last game and now both managers have been sacked.

It will be interesting to see who they can get. I can't see too many big names wanting that job.

Silhillvilla - 25/12/2017 07:19

Monk to Wednesday
Merry go round
Musical chairs

Ha, and then Carvalho or whatever his name is from Wednesday to go to Boro when they can't find anyone else.

Silhillvilla - 24/12/2017 21:55

If Pulis goes to Boro that's them promoted .

No, it means they won't be relegated. It is rarely mentioned but Pulis has never been relegated.

Well it seems that Pulis could well be at Middlesbrough by the end of the year...

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/896369/Tony-Pulis-Middlesbrough-Aston-Villa

Yeah but at smethwick he won just 36 out of 122 games - anyone who sees that as enticing is well ... on something.

I absolutely despise Tony Pulis. Every single time the baggies have gotten a bad result in the last 2 and a half years he's felt the need to take a pop at us to try and deflect away from his garbage football. The game that summed him up for me was when we played them at there's during the relegation season. Obviously we were pretty much down already but we'd recently won our 1st game since the opening day and drawn with Leicester in a game we deserved to win. Then came the Albion away. Now our incredibly slight upturn in form had obviously terrified Pulis as they basically played 10 men strung along their own 18 yard line for 90 minutes. Against their biggest rivals who were having their worst ever season that pussy couldn't even dare himself to go for a win. They were booed off and that twat acted like they'd won the FA cup in his post match interview.

BringbakMON - 26/12/2017 12:05

confirmed at Boro
so breathe easy

Thank God for that.

He is probably more efficient and organised than Bruce but it will only be a question of time before he bores yet another set of club fans to death with his brand of football and he has to move on.

I also haven't forgotten his frequent pops at the Villa so he can go forth and multiply as far as I am concerned.

One thing is for sure though and I can more or less guarantee his signings in the January transfer window will be basketball players hight: 17:

To be fair to Pulis, he's mainly managed clubs where survival rather than success is the prime aim. One exception is Stoke when he had them promoted. Be interesting to see how he does at Middlesborough. I suspect he'll still grind out results. Difference between him and Bruce is that Pulis knows exactly what he wants to achieve ad how he wants to achieve it.