Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 374 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Gibson is not giving up!!

The bitter and twisted prick in charge at Boro is now suing Derby over breaches of FFP according to the Torygraph.

He should be more concerned about finding a replacement manager following the demise of Mr Anti-football.

Man Utd fans are funny. I've just read that Utd should sack OGS and get Poch in straight away. Apparently, Poch is the only man in the world who can unite the dressing room and get Utd on the front foot again.

Of course, Poch is manager of Spurs who are in the CL final and finished above Utd in the league. If he is leaving Spurs this summer it will be for Madrid but Poch's opinion seems irrelevant in this 'opinion'.

Man Utd fans are funny. I've just read that Utd should sack OGS and get Poch in straight away. Apparently, Poch is the only man in the world who can unite the dressing room and get Utd on the front foot again.

Of course, Poch is manager of Spurs who are in the CL final and finished above Utd in the league. If he is leaving Spurs this summer it will be for Madrid but Poch's opinion seems irrelevant in this 'opinion'.
If Man Utd wanted Poch, and it was a straight choice between them and Spurs, he'd be gone in a flash!
As would the vast majority of managers. As nice as it to see them struggle, it's one of the top jobs in club football.

Talk today of Monk leaving Blues for the Albion. Not sure if he'd get anymore money to spend there than he has at blues seeing as they might be heading for a financial crisis. Still it gives blues owners another chance to appoint a much shitter manager. Zola for a return hopefully.

Coventry have agreed a ground share arrangement with an unknown club, but the talk on the streets (and Twitter) is that the deal is to share the Sty with SHA. You have to feel for Cov fans, not only have they lost their ground but they now have to endure going to the shithole in Small Heath.

Two shitehole little Villa hating clubs who deserve each other :finger:

Two shitehole little Villa hating clubs who deserve each other :finger:

So the Coventry road will have 8k home fans singing “Shit on the Villa” every week.

As I’ve said before, I know a few Cov STH’s and actually I got on well with the ones who supported and followed their club, they seemed more interested in their club than their dislike for Villa.

It is the part time Cov fans who are more obsessed with us.

Last edited:
I thought Cov could not play at St Andrews, it was over the leagues maximum radius from Coventry - they have to play within a certain area?

A bloke from the board confirmed this last week i heard, maybe it`s changed now?

The police probably won`t be too happy as they now have additional worry on Villa home games - especially if Coventry do well and the fans come back and watch them.

I thought Cov could not play at St Andrews, it was over the leagues maximum radius from Coventry - they have to play within a certain area?

A bloke from the board confirmed this last week i heard, maybe it`s changed now?

The police probably won`t be too happy as they now have additional worry on Villa home games - especially if Coventry do well and the fans come back and watch them.

Doubt that's true Aspinall, they played a season at Northampton three years ago which is 35 miles from Cov, further away than Small Heath.

"The Football League has told Coventry they do not want them to be based any further than six miles from their current home.

Two options have been mooted, groundshares with either Birmingham, whose St Andrew’s stadium lies outside the six-mile radius, or Coventry Rugby’s Butts Park, which does not."

Just read this on-line, sort of ties into what the Cov guy said last week - which is why i did not understand the Blues share - by all accounts Ricoh will still be extended.

"The Football League has told Coventry they do not want them to be based any further than six miles from their current home.

Two options have been mooted, groundshares with either Birmingham, whose St Andrew’s stadium lies outside the six-mile radius, or Coventry Rugby’s Butts Park, which does not."

Just read this on-line, sort of ties into what the Cov guy said last week - which is why i did not understand the Blues share - by all accounts Ricoh will still be extended.

Butts Park! Hahaha

You wouldn't wish these kind of problems on any club but if it had to happen to one club...

Dunno mate, i feel sorry for any fans put through this shit.

The fans always cop for it don`t they? It`s a shambles and could eventually happen to any of us.

Grounds should be protected at least.

Butts Park could only fit a few thousand in although it is really central to the city so would bring back those who perhaps won’t travel to the Ricoh as silly as that sounds.

There’s a good pub crawl route through Earlsdon to Butts Park though, every cloud.

Cov fans were quite pro Butts Park when I was living there.

On a side note, the pitch doesn’t look very quick. It never seems that quick at Wembley, I’m not sure why as surely they water it.