Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 326 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

To be fair, most chants start at one club and the tune spreads with fans changing the words to suit their own club... We've nicked our fair share... Doesn't bother me one jot. It seems like our fanbase is finally veering away from those signature tunes focused on Small Heath and that is fantastic....[/QUOTE

Yes agreed. I do wish we'd stop this "empty seats my lord, shit support etc" bollocks though. We even sing it when the away end is packed out

I see Big Eck has been shown the door by Scotland :wave:

Are Sandwell still looking for a manager? :lol:

His mistake was leaving Blues for us. Think he's one of those driven by ambition but lacking inner conviction. It showed.

Couldn't believe how Randy thought he was great. He walked out on Scotland as soon as the Blues job was offered, he walked out on Blues as soon as we came calling.

His mistake was leaving Blues for us. Think he's one of those driven by ambition but lacking inner conviction. It showed.

Couldn't believe how Randy thought he was great. He walked out on Scotland as soon as the Blues job was offered, he walked out on Blues as soon as we came calling.

The absolute worst managerial appointment in my time as a villa fan. We somehow go from approaching a bloke who is known for gung ho attacking football to a guy known for all out defensive football. Add to that he's the manager if our hated rivals and has just been relegated for the 2nd time with them. Everything about it showed a complete lack of basic understanding about football and football fans.

I still can't get my head around it, was our Randy swapped with another Randy from a parallel universe where McLeish was actually good? Very bizzare whatever the case.

The absolute worst managerial appointment in my time as a villa fan. We somehow go from approaching a bloke who is known for gung ho attacking football to a guy known for all out defensive football. Add to that he's the manager if our hated rivals and has just been relegated for the 2nd time with them. Everything about it showed a complete lack of basic understanding about football and football fans.
Billy McNeil and Remi Garde for me. Although Eck runs them close...

Totally .

Typical of the cluster of the regime at the time.
Whoever thought appointing Eck was a good idea needs sectioning.

Remi Garde was chucked under the bus, just felt sorry for him to be honest.

I was very fortunate to be living out the country when McLeish was appointed, hands down the worst appointment during my time supporting Villa, the only season I’ve never been to a game which was down to being away but dare say I would’ve gone to many had I been in Brum. I remember my mate saying ‘Villa are gonna appoint McLeish’ and I said ‘nah no chance’, he was a welsh lad and even he couldn’t believe it when it happened. Just a bad move all round and glad I wasn’t around to experience it.