Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 268 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

With our promotion dreams almost over, I am glad to see Derby and Bristol City winning. No surprise that Wells bottled the penalty.

We should have stuck with Remi Garde ?.

Smith has made mistakes and will make more, but the least he deserves is the summer transfer window and at least a dozen league games next season. I hope he can rebuild the team to get us challenging for promotion next season, but it will be a huge job as I think it will need new players for most of the starting 11.

Last edited:
Remi Garde was the probably the worst ever appointment given the circumstances I’ve witnessed in my lifetime, we needed someone who knew the league who could turn us around in the ugliest way possible.

But I didn’t think he was that bad a manager, we played some alright stuff given the players had every ounce of confidence and ability battered out of them.

Remi Garde was the probably the worst ever appointment given the circumstances I’ve witnessed in my lifetime, we needed someone who knew the league who could turn us around in the ugliest way possible.

But I didn’t think he was that bad a manager, we played some alright stuff given the players had every ounce of confidence and ability battered out of them.

Just a ludicrous appointment. Don't bare him any ill will either. Impossible job for him.

Solihull Moors up to 2nd in the National League only 1 point behind The O's.
Amazing job by Tim Flowers so far. Be absolutely surreal if they got promoted. That ground would need serious investment.

Solihull Moors up to 2nd in the National League only 1 point behind The O's.
Amazing job by Tim Flowers so far. Be absolutely surreal if they got promoted. That ground would need serious investment.

Does the ground have a bit of an incline from one goal to the other or am I getting mixed up with the old Moor green ground?

An Allerdyce type appointment may have given us a stay of execution but would only have delayed the inevitable. Xia wouldn't have bought us, screwed us financially and we wouldn't have been saved by Wes and Nas. Could have been another Sunderland.

Now all that is conjecture, but it's also plausible.

Yeah think it is the old Moorlands I’m thinking of
The current ground has a decent pitch but the "stands" need massive investment. Capacity I think is about 2500. There isn't plenty of space to develop the ground and the location is superb, just not sure if the money is there