Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 213 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

I doubt that Norwich & Leeds can keep up their current average of 2 points per game so I think it may take a few less points than usual to get into the top 2 (89 is the lowest 2nd place over last 5 seasons...in 12/13 Hull got 2nd with 79 points).

Whatever happens with the other teams, we are going to need more than 2 points per game to get into the top 2 (maybe 55 from 25 could do it). Scoring enough goals shouldn't be a problem. Obviously we need a reliable goalkeeper in January, but I think we also have defensive issues in both full back positions, so I hope we can address at least one of those as we cannot keep conceding at the rate we have being.

I doubt that Norwich & Leeds can keep up their current average of 2 points per game so I think it may take a few less points than usual to get into the top 2 (89 is the lowest 2nd place over last 5 seasons...in 12/13 Hull got 2nd with 79 points).

People were saying exactly the same thing last season about Wolves and Cardiff.

People were saying exactly the same thing last season about Wolves and Cardiff.

I certainly did not say that about Wolves as it was so obvious after a few games that they were the best team in the division. This season there is not an outstanding team, and there are so many teams with genuine promotion possibilities that teams will drop points against each other. Either way we are going to need a great run to get into the top 2 as 10 points is already a big gap. Sort the keeper and full backs and I would be confident of top 2.

Guess who said this ...

"I thought we were brilliant the whole game. We came here with a strategy. This is a tough place to come, I know it like the back of my hand."
"We were the better side. I'm disappointed by the result but the performance was excellent.
"Some of the football we played was great. We're a really young side but to come here and do what we've done is excellent."

After they lost 2-0 and are bottom of the league.

Guess who said this ...

"I thought we were brilliant the whole game. We came here with a strategy. This is a tough place to come, I know it like the back of my hand."
"We were the better side. I'm disappointed by the result but the performance was excellent.
"Some of the football we played was great. We're a really young side but to come here and do what we've done is excellent."

Lamberk will be most disappointed with the fact they only had 50% possession though, losing 2-0 is expect to have at least 55% posssesion because you have three chances to kick off during the game.

Guess who said this ...

What a prat he is.....8 points from safety and still spouting the same old shite to supporters win, lose or draw! And to think most of us were happy when he was appointed......a complete clown! Look forward to seeing him wax lyrical after being outplayed at B6 later in the season.....

Whatever happens with the other teams, we are going to need more than 2 points per game to get into the top 2 (maybe 55 from 25 could do it). Scoring enough goals shouldn't be a problem. Obviously we need a reliable goalkeeper in January, but I think we also have defensive issues in both full back positions, so I hope we can address at least one of those as we cannot keep conceding at the rate we have being.
20 wins for 25 games. I think we can do that

25 games left and we need 60 points, 2.4 points per game. Not impossible, but tough.

10 wins on the trot would get us back on track. Instead of winning every other game and drawing every other game, doing 2 wins then a draw over 24 games would get us 56 points, beat Norwich last game would get us 59.

Hmm! Winning the remaining December games would be a good start.

So I'm watching Everton v Watford, 1-0 Ev and game going nowhere. So I decide to hang the washing to dry. Come back in to see it's now 1-2 and just in time to Sigurdsson miss a penalty.

Fuck's sake :loser:

It's very poor, it has to be said.

Mind you, their home kit is pretty shocking as well. I think Watford fans have more reason to be affronted by their kit(s) than we do.

So I'm watching Everton v Watford, 1-0 Ev and game going nowhere. So I decide to hang the washing to dry. Come back in to see it's now 1-2 and just in time to Sigurdsson miss a penalty.

Fuck's sake :loser:

Thats unbelievable JPA.

Not the football .

What is Mrs JPA doing that means you are having to hang the washing?.