Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 2053 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Premier League football player faces two further allegations of rape

A Premier League footballer who was arrested on suspicion of rape faces two further allegations over attacks on another woman, sources told ESPN.

The player, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was questioned by London's Metropolitan Police earlier this week and has been released on bail until an unspecified date in August.

It had previously been reported that the individual -- a well-known international -- had been arrested in the early hours of Monday over an alleged rape suggested to have occurred in June.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/eng...-player-faces-two-further-allegations-of-rape

Joe Aribo off to Southampton, another one we 'missed out on':throw:

I was tipping them to go down but then they signed Bazunu so I want them to stay in the league (provided he plays).

They had an alarming dip in form beginning when we beat them 4-0 and they continue to buy a lot of what I'd call Football Manager gems. Very cheap young players who have good potential but not quite good enough that bigger clubs would consider them.

I was tipping them to go down but then they signed Bazunu so I want them to stay in the league (provided he plays).

They had an alarming dip in form beginning when we beat them 4-0 and they continue to buy a lot of what I'd call Football Manager gems. Very cheap young players who have good potential but not quite good enough that bigger clubs would consider them.
Saints have been busy. Signed another one today

I think this is a direct relation to the fact that Rasmus Ankersen is now a director at Southampton. He used to be director of football at Brentford and was responsible for a lot of the signings they made to get them in the PL.

There is an interesting Ted talk from him here, a good watch if you like the data and stats side of Football

Last edited:
I think this is a direct relation to the fact that Rasmus Ankersen is now a director at Southampton. He used to be director of football at Brentford and was responsible for a lot of the signings they made to get them in the PL.

There is an interesting Ted talk from him here, a good watch if you like the data and stats side of Football

That was interesting, the DoF who just left Liverpool is the one who convinced Klopp to sign for them. After he was sacked by Dortmund the DoF showed him how the poor season Dortmund had was a complete anomaly.

Based on this video alone Rasmus must be alarmed looking at Southampton's stats. Their GD is on par with the rest of the cannon fodder in the bottom 6. Although having said that their xGD is much lower than their actuals. I would like to know how to look at things like this a little more.

Ankersen was co-DoF at Brentford and from memory focused on abroad whilst Phil Giles? focused on GB, as Ankersen remained involved with Migitiland or however you spell it lol

Ankersen was co-DoF at Brentford and from memory focused on abroad whilst Phil Giles? focused on GB, as Ankersen remained involved with Migitiland or however you spell it lol

Yeah he's also a part time chairman at Midtjylland, seems like he still holds that position.

It was famously under his watch that they 'did' Man Utd in a Champions League/Europa League group game, I think the story from the UK press was that Midtjylland fluked it, but it was more that they actually played Man Utd off the park that night.

Barcelona owe Frenkie de Jong 17m in deferred wages but are trying to fob him off with 3m all the while they'll make 56m selling him to man utd.

So basically "have 1/6th of what we owe you, fuck off to Manchester now". And the money they make won't go to paying other players wages they owe but on Lewandowski for 40m and another huge wage packet that they apparently can afford.

If this was a league 2 side or Spanish lower league side doing the exact same thing but with hundreds of thousands instead 10s of millions they'd be forced to use money earned on transfers to pay what they owe and then play the kids. But because its one of the the super clubs they are entitled to just do whatever they want. Its not like they've a world renowned academy or anything either.