Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 2038 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Nick Pope going to Saudicastle for a reported 10m and not the 40m that was bandied about recently. Decent value for an England International.
Makes the 20+m being quoted for Collins, if we're even interested, sound like hogwash
Only got 12 months left on his contract, so they were never getting £40m. Would have ended up like Butland at Stoke walking away for nothing after apparently turning down £20m+

JW1985

Vital Football Hero
Only got 12 months left on his contract, so they were never getting £40m. Would have ended up like Butland at Stoke walking away for nothing after apparently turning down £20m+

Butland has never really recovered from that move to us collapsing has he. Completely fell apart almost immediately after Stoke decided they didn't need 20m. I'm half convinced it was because Gary Rowett didn't want to sell a player to us. Still it worked out better for us in the end.

Especially at that price, he'd be fantastic back up for Emi. Give him all Cup games, and he's fantastic international cover, and he could get the immediate game after international breaks so Emi gets longer to rest. Win, win, win for me.
Unfortunately we've gone down the dodgy Scandinavian path again. I doubt Pope would of come anyway to sit on the bench