Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 181 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Wolves 30 attempts on goal, Traore (on as sub for 20 mins) created more chances than the entire Villa team yesterday :shake:

Difference between Wolves and Villa.

Villa - ball gets played about a bit, ends up with the full back who punts one forward towards the lone striker. Striker contends ball against two defenders with front two over twenty yards away, second ball lost, midfield and defenders drop ten yards.

Wolves - play ball into Neves, deep lieing midfielder. Diagonal ball to winger, who controls then runs at defender and creates either a cross or pass situation to the striker or attacking midfielders.

Mcginn and Hourihane can do the Neves job.

Bolasie, El Gazi or Grealish can hug the wing and bring a ball down and do the Costa or Jota job.

Abraham or Kodjia can score goals with a good service.

I watched that Wolves game and I have to,reluctantly, admit they are light years ahead of us. They play with pace, accuracy and energy and carry the game to the opposition throughout the match. Just over twelve months ago they were so ordinary it was unbelievable but now they look like they can give any Premier League team a tough time.
They actually attack for 90 minutes. Unheard of at Villa Park for donkeys years.

Currently watching MLS. DC United have a very good striker called Acosta. He's definitely head and shoulders above our strikers for finishing plus they are not tap ins.

Just heard he has passed away from a heart attack. As a kid growing up in the 70s his was a name always associated with one football club, like brooking at West ham or Brian Little at villa. A proper footballer and loved by the supporters he played for.
God bless.

Burnley continuing the Premier League trend of smaller club having a decent season or two think they have cracked , getting creamed over and then dropping.
Nearly your turn Watford.

So predictable, isnt it...... Stoke, Baggies, Saints.....

I doubt too many Burnley fans would be up in arms if they went down. I can't imagine they've many players if any on big money and they'd probably be able to keep most of them and bounce straight back up. Keeping Dyche might be another matter though.

I doubt too many Burnley fans would be up in arms if they went down. I can't imagine they've many players if any on big money and they'd probably be able to keep most of them and bounce straight back up. Keeping Dyche might be another matter though.

I think they would. They have tasted it now and anything less is not acceptable. Bit like the Man city fans who i have heard suggest that they actually quite like the old days of Maine Road and the challenges they had then. I dont believe them for a minute and i dont believe Burnley fans who have tasted finishing high in the premier league and europa league would accept championship football now. And their players will think they are above the championship and look to leave. Not all , but a few important ones. Bit like the Baggies with the likes of Ben Foster and Rondon jumping ship.

Difference between Wolves and Villa.

Villa - ball gets played about a bit, ends up with the full back who punts one forward towards the lone striker. Striker contends ball against two defenders with front two over twenty yards away, second ball lost, midfield and defenders drop ten yards.

Wolves - play ball into Neves, deep lieing midfielder. Diagonal ball to winger, who controls then runs at defender and creates either a cross or pass situation to the striker or attacking midfielders.

Mcginn and Hourihane can do the Neves job.

Bolasie, El Gazi or Grealish can hug the wing and bring a ball down and do the Costa or Jota job.

Abraham or Kodjia can score goals with a good service.

All true ... and who dictates the tactics, the playing style? Who is supposed to instil confidence ... we all know. We all know what time it is and it is time for him to go, it has been that time for a long time

Burnley aren't down yet. Think they've a bit of a hangover from the Europa League. Wouldn't surprise me if they started to pull themselves together.

Like I said elsewhere - a really great player. Bobby Robson once described him as the best England player he had ever seen ... some high praise.
So sad how it all ended up.

So Beckham has said he wants to sign Messi in 2020 for his Inter Miami team who don't even have a ground yet. Then his old mate Neville is telling Klopp that Liverpool should dump the Champions League. Jesus, who do they think they are ....