Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 1617 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Yeah he's hardly a complete unknown. Did great things with Hoffenheim and arguably Leipzig. Also managed Schalke and Stuttgart back in the day. But he is also a very bizarre choice in many ways as he's not a 'big club' manager and I don't think he has worked as a manager for a couple of years.

He's just a placeholder until a big name emerges.
I see him described as "one of football's great thinkers" and such. When I see that compliment paid to a manager I feel it translates into "Very intelligent but the personality of a wet fish and absolutely no man-management ability."

I see him described as "one of football's great thinkers" and such. When I see that compliment paid to a manager I feel it translates into "Very intelligent but the personality of a wet fish and absolutely no man-management ability."

He'll probably take their DoF role at the end of season and sadly that'll be the end of the meme that is United. He has to do disastrously this season for United to be dissuaded. He'll identify some of the real issues at United, no proper transfer policy, no long term planning and a severe lack of quality coaching and training facilities that are frankly unlikely to be better than our own. Plus he'll help them get their data management and analysis right which they basically don't have.