Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 1490 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Getting a bit sick of this obsession with Man City now not just here but on social media too. They’re a tin pot club who won the lottery, we all know that. But let’s not act holier than thou we’ve had crap attendances for mid week cup games including when we were in the UEFA cup. Just looked at our last European game… less than 30k vs Rapid Vienna in 2010.
I'm pretty sure had that been a Champions League fixture at VP it would have been a full house.

I'm pretty sure had that been a Champions League fixture at VP it would have been a full house.

Initially .Demand would far far outstrip supply

But ....

If AVFC found itself where Citeh are now I very much think we would be the same as much as we say not. I bet Citeh fans when they were in the 3rd tier would think it was madness that they wouldn't sell out for a European cup tie at home.

Initially .Demand would far far outstrip supply

But ....

If AVFC found itself where Citeh are now I very much think we would be the same as much as we say not. I bet Citeh fans when they were in the 3rd tier would think it was madness that they wouldn't sell out for a European cup tie at home.
Think it will also depend on what we're charged. There's only so many times you can fork out for European nights and I'm sure we'd have a lot of fans wanting to travel (when that becomes a thing again). From £65 for Club Brugge and from £151 for PSG - lotta wonga to keep dishing out.

Getting a bit sick of this obsession with Man City now not just here but on social media too. They’re a tin pot club who won the lottery, we all know that. But let’s not act holier than thou we’ve had crap attendances for mid week cup games including when we were in the UEFA cup. Just looked at our last European game… less than 30k vs Rapid Vienna in 2010.

True, I remember a lot of empty seats at home to the likes of MSK Zilina or whatever they were called. Maybe back then we thought those nights would be a regular thing.

I do still think at home to RB Leipzig in the Champions League would have been a full house. City and their fans are a bit like a 12 year old who plays FIFA these days and who's only interested in playing with Barcelona or Real Madrid every time.

The reality is Man Citeh aren’t in any way a big club, I don’t know what the capacity of the etihad is these days (55k?) but to fill that 30 times a season is tough going. Whilst we are a bigger club than Citeh, they struck gold overnight so haven’t amassed that big following from the south virtually all the sky 6 have - whether they’re from the south or not.

We’re not comparing apples comparing a one off game versus Leipzig as it’s a different sized stadium and they’ve been in this competition now for a number of years in the bounce.

It all depends on whether you want a load of plastics in the stadium.

Think it will also depend on what we're charged. There's only so many times you can fork out for European nights and I'm sure we'd have a lot of fans wanting to travel (when that becomes a thing again). From £65 for Club Brugge and from £151 for PSG - lotta wonga to keep dishing out.

Never travelled abroad with Villa . I'd love to now I have the means to be able to .

The reality is Man Citeh aren’t in any way a big club, I don’t know what the capacity of the etihad is these days (55k?) but to fill that 30 times a season is tough going. Whilst we are a bigger club than Citeh, they struck gold overnight so haven’t amassed that big following from the south virtually all the sky 6 have - whether they’re from the south or not.

We’re not comparing apples comparing a one off game versus Leipzig as it’s a different sized stadium and they’ve been in this competition now for a number of years in the bounce.

It all depends on whether you want a load of plastics in the stadium.

Do you see many Citeh jerseys around where you live?

I never see them in Kuala Lumpur. I see lots of Liverpool, Utd, Arsenal, even PSG. I don't think I've ever seen anyone wearing a Citeh one.

Fucking hell you have to laugh at the slack Leeds gets given. A "tough" start to the season? Lauding them last year you absolute *****. they had two winnable games, thats as handy as anyone got.

True, I remember a lot of empty seats at home to the likes of MSK Zilina or whatever they were called. Maybe back then we thought those nights would be a regular thing.

I do still think at home to RB Leipzig in the Champions League would have been a full house. City and their fans are a bit like a 12 year old who plays FIFA these days and who's only interested in playing with Barcelona or Real Madrid every time.
Oh yes don’t get me wrong I think there fans are crap and Leipzig are a decent side (semi finalists just over 12 months ago) and deserve a better turnout. But just sick of hearing about them now. The honest truth is that if we were in their position it would be the same for us

Do you see many Citeh jerseys around where you live?

I never see them in Kuala Lumpur. I see lots of Liverpool, Utd, Arsenal, even PSG. I don't think I've ever seen anyone wearing a Citeh one.

I knew of two Man Citeh fans growing up in my small town in the Midlands which was probably over indexing, and I was on the south coast this week (Sussex) where I saw a couple. An older gentleman and a young lad.

Lots of Chelsea and Tottenham, the odd Villa I might add too :utv:

They’re starting to come through I would say slowly but surely.

Newcastle 0-1 Man bun united

Feel like I am watching two championship teams with 2 or 3 decent players in attack. I feel like the quality of players in the Premier Lge. is really average now vs. 10 years ago. Looking at the second string for Chelsea, City, United and Liverpool I am starting to think half of those players would be at other clubs in the league. Ake should probably be starting for a mid-table team not sitting on the bench or in th stands for City.