Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 1399 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

If as Kane says the club agreed to let him leave if they didn't progress as promised last year, then maybe he's right to strike. No point in being a schoolboy if your employer isn't going to stick to an agreement.

That's *if* that's the case.
He signed a 6 year contract and has 3 left

If as Kane says the club agreed to let him leave if they didn't progress as promised last year, then maybe he's right to strike. No point in being a schoolboy if your employer isn't going to stick to an agreement.

That's *if* that's the case.
Why doesn’t he hand in a transfer request then? Presumably doesn’t want to lose all of his loyalty bonuses and other clauses and payments. Poor form from him IMO although I don’t doubt the Spurs management are total arses and have probably contributed to the mess

Stewart Downing retired today apparently. Never liked or rated him. Got player of the year purely from getting on the back post for a much better players (Albrighton) crosses and buggered off the first chance he got. Gutless player as well. Not in a physical sense as I don't particularly expect wingers and attacking players to be flying into tackles but I don't think I ever saw him take a man on in his time at Villa. Always went back or sideways instead of driving at the defence. Hope he enjoys his retirement all the same, how he got over 30 England caps is beyond me though.

If it is true he didn't turn up, because he's playing up for a move, then I've lost all respect, vile way to treat the fans, let alone the club.
o
I posted earlier if you have a problem you go to work and then argue it. At some point he has to go back and the longer he stays away the worse it will get. He is saying he has a gentlemans agreement that he can leave, Spurs are saying he has'nt.

Stewart Downing retired today apparently. Never liked or rated him. Got player of the year purely from getting on the back post for a much better players (Albrighton) crosses and buggered off the first chance he got. Gutless player as well. Not in a physical sense as I don't particularly expect wingers and attacking players to be flying into tackles but I don't think I ever saw him take a man on in his time at Villa. Always went back or sideways instead of driving at the defence. Hope he enjoys his retirement all the same, how he got over 30 England caps is beyond me though.
Downing was a chicken shit. Saw he jump out of tackles and fail to jump in numerous times. Another who's career went pretty much nowhere after having his head turned.

I really warmed to him ............

well once he'd gone.
pleasure to watch for the dippers

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2012/05/14/for-sale-the-dvd-of-stewart-downings-invincible-season/

Never liked him either. Used to get furious with Downing pretending to slide tackle someone, even though he was a good 5 yards away from the man. They never had to move to avoid him.

To be fair to Kane, he seems far more trustworthy than Levy. I would guess Levy has gone back on an agreement to let him go. Going by previous big transfers he’s probably tried to up the asking price at the last minute.

To be fair to Kane, he seems far more trustworthy than Levy. I would guess Levy has gone back on an agreement to let him go. Going by previous big transfers he’s probably tried to up the asking price at the last minute.
they've offered £100m and Levy wants £160m