Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 136 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

They’re having a bidding process going forward for these finals so should be problem solved you’d think. Next seasons CL final is at the Metropolitano, absolutely brilliant new stadium, easy to get to from central Madrid and in a city big enough to cope with it.

What was wrong with Cardiff hosting last seasons final?

Lack of accommodation. Agree wholeheartedly with the choice of a major European city like Madrid, infrastructure, travel links and accommodation all available

They’re having a bidding process going forward for these finals so should be problem solved you’d think. Next seasons CL final is at the Metropolitano, absolutely brilliant new stadium, easy to get to from central Madrid and in a city big enough to cope with it.

What was wrong with Cardiff hosting last seasons final?

Don't know what you're talking about mate Metropolitano is a restaurant in Brooklyn

Wanda Metropolitano - where you been? It's the new home of Aletico Madrid! Are you being serious? You have to be winding us up?

Wanda Metropolitano - where you been? It's the new home of Aletico Madrid! Are you being serious? You have to be winding us up?

Of course I am, maybe I should have used an emoji :unsure:

(Ath. Madrid is my go to FIFA team, Griezman up top with that absolute **** its amazing)

Well I haven't got a clue what Wanda Metropolitano is and I don't much care either tbh.

But why would I know about that I don't follow Spanish football I couldn't name the Barca team tbh.

The glaziers took 26m in dividends and the dedt is 420m+. The club facilitates that dedt every year easily with a massive turnover.

If Palace were to be dissolved would we, as 4th place team in the championship then be promoted to replace them? Wouldn't wish that on any club though, even if Villa benefitted.
In the current situation Villa find ourselves in we can see that other clubs fans can be quick to laugh and kick a man or club while its down. I agree JW, I wouldn't want to see any club dissolved or put in administration even if we benefited. Football fans are all from the fraternity.
I have been reading a Newcastle site thread entitled "Aston Vile" this stems from the infamous "Sob on the Tyne" banner. As you can imagine not much sympathy for us on there and plenty of hated and it stems from a one foolish idiot who has now seems to have created an enemy from another great club similar to ours with a fantastic fanbase.

The glaziers took 26m in dividends and the dedt is 420m+. The club facilitates that dedt every year easily with a massive turnover.
They also borrowed against the club to buy it in the first place I think, remembering the protests. I'm not sure they've ever put a penny in.

In the current situation Villa find ourselves in we can see that other clubs fans can be quick to laugh and kick a man or club while its down. I agree JW, I wouldn't want to see any club dissolved or put in administration even if we benefited. Football fans are all from the fraternity.
I have been reading a Newcastle site thread entitled "Aston Vile" this stems from the infamous "Sob on the Tyne" banner. As you can imagine not much sympathy for us on there and plenty of hated and it stems from a one foolish idiot who has now seems to have created an enemy from another great club similar to ours with a fantastic fanbase.
The small minded will act like it, they should worry about Mike Ashley in my humble. I saw a piece yesterday on a Newk site and thought better of biting and responding because no fanbase should be tarred by a couple of low IQ pricks.

I would be shocked that they still hold a grudge against us for that 1 game but I suppose football fans have long memories. Weird thing is I remember most fans around me being not especially bothered what happened to Newcastle that, till their fans started booing Martin Laursen whilst he was attempting to give a retirement speech. After that I wanted us to smash them and send them down. The banner was a bit sad though.