Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 1195 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

I know Liverpool aren't liked here and that's fair enough but they simply are the best top-flight team in decades.

Net spend plus where Liverpool started vs. the champions-elect level squad pep inherited are worlds apart.

We've spent half of what Liverpool spent too in two seasons vs. his 6 or 7-year reign. And a much higher net spend.

Context is key.

I think Man Utd and Chelsea and City might argue that one, Liverpool have one title in 30 years and are nowhere this season

Off on one of my tangents for a moment

Not sure it's Liverpool that are not liked here, it's the fans that people don't like, same with Man Utd, Chelsea etc who have millions of plastic glory hunting fans who never go to a game but feel the need to spout off about "their" clubs. Even abuse their players on social media etc as they have no idea about English football.
Football is tribal, it's nothing to do with football on the pitch. Not as bad as Rangers and Celtic where that goes beyond my comprehension.

I think Man Utd and Chelsea and City might argue that one, Liverpool have one title in 30 years and are nowhere this season

Off on one of my tangents for a moment

Not sure it's Liverpool that are not liked here, it's the fans that people don't like, same with Man Utd, Chelsea etc who have millions of plastic glory hunting fans who never go to a game but feel the need to spout off about "their" clubs. Even abuse their players on social media etc as they have no idea about English football.
Football is tribal, it's nothing to do with football on the pitch. Not as bad as Rangers and Celtic where that goes beyond my comprehension.
Strange as this may sound, you can put Blues in with the tribal comment for me aswell.
I have no ill will towards Blues as a club, its their supporters, similar with Wolves and Baggies.
It was growing up in the 60s when we were absolute shite, and always on the butt end of their jokes, but the actual clubs themselves I dont mind.

Strange as this may sound, you can put Blues in with the tribal comment for me aswell.
I have no ill will towards Blues as a club, its their supporters, similar with Wolves and Baggies.
It was growing up in the 60s when we were absolute shite, and always on the butt end of their jokes, but the actual clubs themselves I dont mind.

Yes I started going in 67 and in 68 Albion won the cup and everyone bar my mate and me seemed to be baggies fans.
How we've ribbed them since and long may it continue.

If he blows the whistle isnt the ball then 'live'? Cant change his mind when it's flying towards the net! If the players ie Johnstone weren't ready, then he shouldn't have blown his whistle in the first place.

Yes . What is he blowing his whistle for if it isn't to restart the game ?