Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 1129 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

My opinion of Lamps as a player is quite neutral, no reason to hate him, he was a very good player, no reason to like him either as he didn’t play for Villa and won nothing for England like the lot of them.

As a manager, I didn’t think he deserved the Chelski gig as Pangloss said, all he did was take Derby from 6th to 6th where bottlejobs Leeds earned him a reputation. He tried to then become a nasty character, kicking off at Klopp which was all a bit forced.

It did seem a bit premature to sack him especially as Chelski are only 11 points off top, the same as us except we have two games in hand.

I don’t think young managers help themselves by playing a new XI every week, they aren’t as ruthless as seasoned managers who identify their 16 key players and play them. I guess the age gap means they more likely want to be mates and a part of the group, than the bad man making decisions which make them unpopular.

The bigger problem is this young manager bollocks, it's a massive risk, especially for bigger clubs. Frank et al. need to drop the entitlement, go back to basics, and do a stint down the lower leagues. Sets a terrible example because you've Dwight Yorke who I am sure has done next to nothing as a coach never even mind a manager and he is shite-ing on about inequality. And I am all for equal opportunity. If Dwight did a few seasons managing a shite bag club you could say fair enough. It's shit like this which gives him the entitlement to say why can't I manage Aston Villa. At least Sol is out there trying to build up some real experience.

Can't blame Frank for taking the job but he should never have been put in that position. They should have just left him at Derby for a few seasons.

Flying too close to the sun, it's going to ruin his development as a coach. Lads need to try and work in a job they can get a little comfort in for a few seasons and then move on to something bigger.

I hate saying it but in a way, you have to give it to United for letting OGS learn on the job and make lots of horrendous mistakes. I think Lampard should have got til the end of the season just to see if he could turn it around. I admire Arsenal letting Arteta try and fix things too because he could have gone at any stage before Christmas too.

Chelsea are just a rich mans Watford - horribly run but mountains of money bails them out of bad situations.

surely Tammy down the middle and Ollie out wide ? could be lethal
No Tammy couldn't hold up a bank with a shotgun, purely a 6-yard preditor, I think we need to stop romancing him as some sort of super all-round striker which he isn't. He's a goal poacher, not a team player, more a Darren Bent . Helped us out the championship we should be thankful for that like we are to Albert and Whelo Jedi etc but move on now

The bigger problem is this young manager bollocks, it's a massive risk, especially for bigger clubs. Frank et al. need to drop the entitlement, go back to basics, and do a stint down the lower leagues. Sets a terrible example because you've Dwight Yorke who I am sure has done next to nothing as a coach never even mind a manager and he is shite-ing on about inequality. And I am all for equal opportunity. If Dwight did a few seasons managing a shite bag club you could say fair enough. It's shit like this which gives him the entitlement to say why can't I manage Aston Villa. At least Sol is out there trying to build up some real experience.

Can't blame Frank for taking the job but he should never have been put in that position. They should have just left him at Derby for a few seasons.

Flying too close to the sun, it's going to ruin his development as a coach. Lads need to try and work in a job they can get a little comfort in for a few seasons and then move on to something bigger.

I hate saying it but in a way, you have to give it to United for letting OGS learn on the job and make lots of horrendous mistakes. I think Lampard should have got til the end of the season just to see if he could turn it around. I admire Arsenal letting Arteta try and fix things too because he could have gone at any stage before Christmas too.

Chelsea are just a rich mans Watford - horribly run but mountains of money bails them out of bad situations.

Modern football is all about instant gratification. There is no point in developing anything. Just get it now.

One bad job and you are on the scrap heap anyway. If Frank took a League 2 job and there wasn't instant glory, he'd be written off.

Almeron equalises for Newcastle and Leeds promptly take the lead.

Incidently can Almeron ever be onside ? . Those eyebrows must always be offside with the VAR lines

Long way too go yet, but Newcastle so lucky to have the current bottom three in the Prem this season, that could just keep them up.

The stream I normally use has packed up about twenty times in the first 12 minutes of the Baggies game.
That doesnt auger well for tomorrow night.
Bloody BT vision.