Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 1126 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

We could sign Mason Mount and use him as an understudy to Jack and Tammy as a stand-in for Ollie and James as a back up to Cash.

Looking at it like that it's not that strange that we are above them in the league we have better players!

Last edited:
First sign of trouble and it’s ‘sack the manager’ time again. Yes he’s spent plenty in the summer but we’re half way through the season and considering he did a pretty good job there last term when he couldn’t spend any money, sacking him now just seems pointless. As we’re finding out, many players need a season in the Prem before flourishing. Mind you, it’s great to see the so called ‘top six’ in complete disarray and embarrassing themselves....! Think Klopp needs to go next....!

First sign of trouble and it’s ‘sack the manager’ time again. Yes he’s spent plenty in the summer but we’re half way through the season and considering he did a pretty good job there last term when he couldn’t spend any money, sacking him now just seems pointless. As we’re finding out, many players need a season in the Prem before flourishing. Mind you, it’s great to see the so called ‘top six’ in complete disarray and embarrassing themselves....! Think Klopp needs to go next....!

There is a rumour that the players have gone over his head as they aren't happy with him. No idea if true, but if his relationship with the director was strained that would be their perfect ammunition to get rid of Frank.

Yes, you know what they are like it's a divine right to be challenging the top two, not the top10. Villa will hopefully get to that point when 8th isn't seen as acceptable any longer. Probably take a few more years yet

I wouldn't think any manager/coach can work there without interference from above.

I would think if Abramovich & co are telling you how to do your job , then it's not long before you get fed up of it.

There are suggestions that Fat Frank fell out with Marina Granovskaia, who basically runs Chelsea on behalf of Abramovich. If true, it was probably inevitable Frank would be sacked.

I don't imagine Thomas Tuchel will last very long either - he has a track record of falling out with his superiors at Dortmund and PSG.

Who'd have thought it women + football = disaster.

Oh dear.

And again.....
Never go back.

And apart from that absolutely ridiculous appointment based on him being a good player for them a few years ago not any managerial achievement.

Pathetic.

Oh dear.

And again.....
Never go back.

And apart from that absolutely ridiculous appointment based on him being a good player for them a few years ago not any managerial achievement.

Pathetic.

He did alright at Derby and I don't blame him for taking the opportunity at Chelsea but the reality is that at this stage of his career he's probably just a championship manager.

He did decent at Derby mainly because of the loans he got from Chelsea that he got purely because he's Frank Lampard. Smith completely out did him every time we met them that year.

I hope he doesn't start thinking he's above taking another championship job but I suspect he will do.

Short termism gone mad. Chelsea were top at the start of December. Look at the matches since; only Fulham was an easy one. Apart from that only Arsenal was a bottom half club. They're obviously not at their best but they're not far off. Would be sensible to give Frank the rest of the season to see how they'd do, but maybe the decision to go for Tuchel had already been made. Couple of months ago OGS was due the sack; now look at him.

He didn't make last summer's signings so by not playing them he's upset somebody. Time will tell if those players will do any better under another manager.

I think he's done OK. He lacked some experience but knows the PL inside out, and he would probably get better, as DS did.

There is a rumour that the players have gone over his head as they aren't happy with him. No idea if true, but if his relationship with the director was strained that would be their perfect ammunition to get rid of Frank.

Probably a few of the German players...been told by fellow German Mr Tuchel that he could replace Frank if they're shite week in, week out. Worked out well for them! Nothing would surprise me these days.

I see that Ozil who was on £350k a week at Arsenal is now on £60k a week at Fenerbache.

The Turkish clubs are so hard up they're begging fans for donations on twitter so I'm amazed they're paying that much. Weird to think that Samatta will now have Ozil setting him up.