Other Clubs’ News and Gossip | Page 16 | Vital Football

Other Clubs’ News and Gossip

Dyche sacked by Burnley.

Burnley have sacked Sean Dyche following a poor run of results that has left them staring at relegation from the Premier League after six seasons.

Dyche’s side lost to bottom-of-the-table Norwich City at the weekend to leave them four points from safety, despite a morale-boosting win over Everton four days earlier.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/04/15/sean-dyche-sacked-burnley-manager
Big Sam is on his way North then.

Dyche sacked by Burnley.

Burnley have sacked Sean Dyche following a poor run of results that has left them staring at relegation from the Premier League after six seasons.

Dyche’s side lost to bottom-of-the-table Norwich City at the weekend to leave them four points from safety, despite a morale-boosting win over Everton four days earlier.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/04/15/sean-dyche-sacked-burnley-manager

The sacking is as good as saying they accept that they will be relegated, They sold their best Striker from under his feet and did not replace him and 8 games to go why now?

The sacking is as good as saying they accept that they will be relegated, They sold their best Striker from under his feet and did not replace him and 8 games to go why now?
He has been remarkable for Burnley with a very limited budget, why now, well last throw of the dice in a results business. A new Manager bounce does work sometimes.

Everton are demanding an explanation from the organisation responsible for refereeing standards regarding the failure to award them a penalty in Sunday’s Merseyside derby defeat.

The club is livid that Joel Matip was not penalised for his second-half challenge on Anthony Gordon.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...l-explanation-anthony-gordon-penalty-decision

Hmm, wonder if they get a phone call and personal apology for this decision?
Whole thing stinks.

I recall one of the games against the dippers when TAT handballed in the area and then they swiftly went up the other end and scored. No VAR review, just ignored.

Everton shouldn’t hold their breath for their opponents are the Chosen Ones.

Whole thing stinks.

I recall one of the games against the dippers when TAT handballed in the area and then they swiftly went up the other end and scored. No VAR review, just ignored.

Everton shouldn’t hold their breath for their opponents are the Chosen Ones.
Precisely. We must not be Champions this season. It won’t suit the PL at all. Only the dippers will do (and the rags, of course, if only they were anywhere near).

I didn’t check on Sunday morning but I am willing to bet that there was a marked contrast in the back page portrayal of our result on Saturday compared to the rabid, frenzied, frothing-at-the-mouth stuff I have seen reporting the Dipper win.

I suspect our result was given a very low key, sober “Oh City won by the way but it was only relegation threatened Watford who are sh*t so no biggie“ verses something akin to ……….

Liverpool win TITANIC Merseyside derbies against their GREATEST RIVALS EVER and by a MASSIVE margin to HEAP the pressure on City who remain a measly 1 point ahead in the race for Liverpool’s rightful title”

…….or have I misread the mood music from the media editorial teams? :unsure: 🙄

I didn’t check on Sunday morning but I am willing to bet that there was a marked contrast in the back page portrayal of our result on Saturday compared to the rabid, frenzied, frothing-at-the-mouth stuff I have seen reporting the Dipper win.

I suspect our result was given a very low key, sober “Oh City won by the way but it was only relegation threatened Watford who are sh*t so no biggie“ verses something akin to ……….

Liverpool win TITANIC Merseyside derbies against their GREATEST RIVALS EVER and by a MASSIVE margin to HEAP the pressure on City who remain a measly 1 point ahead in the race for Liverpool’s rightful title”

…….or have I misread the mood music from the media editorial teams? :unsure: 🙄
Full page spread on Monday, City got a small paragraph at the bottom

OK, is it just me or is there a much greater support for the dippers 'quadruple' opportunity than we ever witnessed when we were in the hunt for 4 trophies? :unsure:

Seems to me that the media are well behind Liverpool ™failed but always discussed our quest for this record as something unseemly and just not fair that they should win everything?

OK, is it just me or is there a much greater support for the dippers 'quadruple' opportunity than we ever witnessed when we were in the hunt for 4 trophies? :unsure:

Seems to me that the media are well behind Liverpool ™failed but always discussed our quest for this record as something unseemly and just not fair that they should win everything?
Yes, the medja are supporting the Dipps for the quad, but it will not happen because we will stop them, fact.