Ot - Trump's Visit. | Vital Football

Ot - Trump's Visit.

This is the only time I hope the Queen is taken ill and can't host Trump.
Or better still, just snub him.

It is not a full state visit although he is scheduled to meet The Queen. What Trump is more concerned is the reaction to him on the streets,
which I think will be similar in scale to the Never Again March by America's school kids.

________________________________________________thRCYHNZFH.jpg

Basically, we need a new kind of politics. The current one works in favour of the mega rich, the banks and shareholders to the detriment of the other 99%.

Russia has an elite of oligarchs, hangers on, KGB/FSB and party members who are the ones who benefit from anything of value. In all so called Communist countries it is Party members who benefit and only a very small % is allowed to be a Party member.

America has its corporate angels who make sure it's all biased in their favour. Example, they reduce Corporation Tax saying companies will reinvest to grow..... it all went to shareholders and tens of thousands lost jobs.

Holland is about to scrap tax on share dividends. Benefactors? Shareholders.

Banks have caused every financial crash in the past 100 years. They have not been called to account. Same old same old.

Drastic change is needed.

It won't happen.

Looks like he's coming in July.

View attachment 26560
Will be a big day for the UK. He's one of the biggest box office leaders in the world! As soon as one foot lands on UK soil all the press and TV media from all over the world will be there to capture it! No one will snub him he's to important!

Will be a big day for the UK. He's the biggest box office leader in the world! As soon as one foot lands on UK soil all the press and TV media from all over the world will be there to capture it! No one will snub him because he's to important!

Will be a big day for the UK. He's one of the biggest box office leaders in the world! As soon as one foot lands on UK soil all the press and TV media from all over the world will be there to capture it! No one will snub him he's to important!

Will be a big day for the UK. He's the biggest box office leader in the world! As soon as one foot lands on UK soil all the press and TV media from all over the world will be there to capture it! No one will snub him because he's to important!

He's not that important & after the next election he will be history. He's completely out of tune with all other nations on earth & now also with the majority of his own people. So much so that the Republicans will get smashed this year at the congressional elections. On his unofficial visit to here the world's media will be just as eager to report the reception committee he will receive which he will try to avoid by playing golf.

__Capx Cartoons Trump 010.jpg

I utterly loath the man RB...think he is despicable on every level, but as someone who spends the best part of two months in the States each year and has very close family living there I think you are showing signs of complacency. He’s likely to get a hammering on both the East and West coasts but there are an awful lot of voters in the ‘fly over’ states and many of them are feeling as if they have been given a ‘voice’. They’re also feeling better off as a result of recent tax cuts and, as the last election showed, there is a great deal of selfishness in the World. To me he’s the personification of greed and evil but write him off at your peril.

I utterly loath the man RB...think he is despicable on every level, but as someone who spends the best part of two months in the States each year and has very close family living there I think you are showing signs of complacency. He’s likely to get a hammering on both the East and West coasts but there are an awful lot of voters in the ‘fly over’ states and many of them are feeling as if they have been given a ‘voice’. They’re also feeling better off as a result of recent tax cuts and, as the last election showed, there is a great deal of selfishness in the World. To me he’s the personification of greed and evil but write him off at your peril.

Don't you think because of the shooting of the Florida schoolkids and the resulting Never Again Campaign he has lost the next generation's vote. It's absolutely laughable that he goes along with the Gun Lobby who suggest that teachers should be given weapon training. Even American big business is beginning to reject NRA media advertising revenues.

__Capx Cartoons Issues Gun Control 008.jpg__Capx Cartoons Issues Gun Control 008.jpg__Capx Cartoons Issues Gun Control 008.jpg

I reckon I should get rewarded by Vital for bringing in advertising revenue. Romanis is watching this from afar & commenting about it from afar.:clap:

Basie...you and I are probably in total agreement about both Trump and guns but honestly one cannot overestimate the power of the NRA...they really do have a massive amount of influence.
Things are different over there. Farmers over here might justify having a shotgun because of the odd rogue fox or dog that might be taking chickens or lambs. Over there the wildlife is a little more hard core and that does make a difference to the ‘gun culture’.

Beyond that, the idea of people being routinely armed in everyday situations is wrong at every level to me, but in the week before I came home last week two deputy sheriffs were shot and killed in northern Florida and there was another incident a few miles away when a ‘troubled’ former pupil entered a school and shot another pupil.

Fortunately the subsequent injuries weren’t serious and it probably wouldn’t have even made the news over here, but while such incidents might cause you and I to argue against guns, unfortunately in the U.S. there is an ever increasing attitude of...’the best defence against a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.’ I don’t agree with it but it is an attitude and a fear that the NRA feeds off.

Last edited:
You could take away the NRA's influence in one fell swoop with a new Law. Ban Representatives, Congressmen, Senators, Governors, town councillors, the POTUS and his cabinet members from receiving any money, gifts, meals, holidays... in fact anything at all from these so called lobby groups. The NRA would then have no leverage whatsoever. They would still be allowed to lobby but their voice would be a lot, lot quieter and, with any luck, ignored.

Basie...you and I are probably in total agreement about both Trump and guns but honestly you cannot overestimate the power of the NRA...they really do have a massive amount of influence.
Things are different over there. Farmers over here might justify having a shotgun because of the odd rogue fox or dog that might be taking chickens or lambs. Over there the wildlife is a little more hard core and that does make a difference to the ‘gun culture’.

Beyond that, the idea of people being routinely armed in everyday situations is wrong at every level to me, but in the week before I came home last week two deputy sheriffs were shot and killed in northern Florida and there was another incident a few miles away when a ‘troubled’ former pupil entered a school and shot another pupil.

Fortunately the subsequent injuries weren’t serious and it probably wouldn’t have even made the news over here, but while such incidents might cause you and I to argue against guns, unfortunately in the U.S. there is an ever increasing attitude of...’the best defence against a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.’ I don’t agree with it but it is an attitude and a fear that the NRA feeds off.

I do not overestimate the power of the NRA, nor the violent apartheid of Israel which even seems more entrenched, but you have to keep plugging away at them. If we hadn't done The Third Reich would still prevail over Europe. If we can do it by nonviolent means then so much the better as shown by The Florida Schoolkids and the Gaza march to Palestine.

I do not overestimate the power of the NRA, nor the violent apartheid of Israel which even seems more entrenched, but you have to keep plugging away at them. If we hadn't done The Third Reich would still prevail over Europe. If we can do it by nonviolent means then so much the better as shown by The Florida Schoolkids and the Gaza march to Palestine.

I know you don’t ‘overestimate’ the NRA’s power...you actually underestimate it...and I agree about having to keep ‘plugging away’...but don’t expect the Florida school kids to make a difference any time soon however much both you and I applaud them.

Trouble is that the USA is too far gone with gun ownership. Any legislation would only affect normal rational people. The criminals and loonies would continue to have guns and violence between gangs and individuals going into schools will not stop, unfortunately.

Correct 59. At least in the short term followng the amending of the 2nd amendment. It will take a decade, if not longer to track down all the rogue guns and destroy them. IMO taking away all of the guns like the AK47, AR15 etc that are designed for use by the Army and only allowing the public to own hand guns will be sufficient to prevent the majority of these horror shootings as it would be so much harder to cause the mayhem the perps want to cause.

Trouble is that the USA is too far gone with gun ownership. Any legislation would only affect normal rational people. The criminals and loonies would continue to have guns and violence between gangs and individuals going into schools will not stop, unfortunately.

I agree with much of that R59 and mista’s comment too.
The idea that a child can pick up a parent’s hand gun, smuggle it into school and ‘resolve’ any disagreement remains a problem though.
Again, anecdotally while I was away, there was a tragic news story of a mother who was very seriously injured when her three year old child picked up her father’s gun from the console between the front seats of the car and accidentally shot her.
If folk weren’t so careless about guns over there and guns weren’t so routinely commonplace it wouldn’t have happened.

Good news - Trump says the Democrats will impeach him if the Republicans lose control of the House of Representatives.:giggle:

Latest Rams News