OT - Amazon Firesticks | Vital Football

OT - Amazon Firesticks

I have one and I love it. Not sure what you pay for one on your side of the pond but I bought the one with the voice remote and paid about 25 quid. I presume that it's the same as over here and you need amazon prime (approx. 60 quid a year) but with getting prime I got Amazon Video and Amazon Music and was able to drop Netflix and Spotify so it actually works out cheaper. Plus I use the tune-in app so that I get the match commentary on my telly. Tommo in stereo, sucks twice as bad ha-ha.

They can be cracked to enable free access to pretty much any film/tv show/live sporting event i hear!

Yeah, I think they're about £35 for an off the shelf one and more if you buy off Ebay if they're loaded with add-ons, which is the line I will go down if I get one.

Only concern on that score is a) getting caught with any silly subscription fees (not sure how I could be), b) picture quality given that it's just a stream and c) do the streams get closed down often and if so, how do you get new ones on there.

Anyone else wondering what this has to do with Lincoln City?

Luke Imp - 25/2/2016 17:14

Yeah, I think they're about £35 for an off the shelf one and more if you buy off Ebay if they're loaded with add-ons, which is the line I will go down if I get one.

Only concern on that score is a) getting caught with any silly subscription fees (not sure how I could be), b) picture quality given that it's just a stream and c) do the streams get closed down often and if so, how do you get new ones on there.

In theory, you shouldn't need to subscribe to anything. Quality wise it's generally decent to good but that would depend on your broadband signal i guess. For movies it's obviously not full hd quality but it's good enough. I haven't noticed any streams being taken down, yet.

I've seen a cracked one stream live premier league games in HD, plus it had films currently in the cinema. No doubt a bit naughty owning one like that but tremendous for entertainment.

Luke Imp - 25/2/2016 16:20

Anyone on here have one? Worth it?

The title says OT = off topic, so as a moderator please shift this thread to elsewhere rather than indulging. Leave such product-placement nonsense to other forms of communication please!