Orient | Vital Football

Orient

Alfalf2

Vital Reserves Team
Been scratching my head thinking how we can possibly get anything out of this game but I cant. If we run around and make life hard for them we could keep it respectable but they will be expecting that cos I guess everyone team does it. Fingers crossed and everything but I think they just have too much fire power for our rickety defence. Predicting 1-3.

Hoping the promised dreadful North East weather will have an impact on the game allowing Pools to secure a draw!

Here's hoping! If Magnay and Featherstone give the ball away in crucial areas like they did against Harrogate, the floodgates will open.

Been scratching my head thinking how we can possibly get anything out of this game but I cant. Predicting 1-3.

Leave Magnay out of a defensive four of:
Kioso...Anderson...Raynes...Amos

Only play Featherstone if we have to, DO NOT play Donaldson, otherwise:
James...Noble...Featherstone or Molyneux...Kitching or Molyneux

There’s only two left to fill the forward berths:
...Muir...Kabamba...

They’re top of the league and full of confidence, we’re mid table and devoid of any confidence, so we’ll just have to work harder than them.

Hard work will overcome natural talent, if natural talent doesn’t work hard enough - Alex Ferguson. If we’re together and willing to put a shift in we might well prosper. The weather will be a great leveller, a score draw.
:red:

I think Donaldson is the first name on the team sheet for some reason so he will play. Also Magnay always plays if fit. The rest of the team is probably built round them...… Ok maybe a bit cynical but I would be flabbergasted if Donaldson was left out. I have a feeling Amos will play instead of Kitchen but we'll see.

Totally agree about Donaldson always getting a place but I just don’t see what he brings to the table, on most occasions the game passes him by, and his demeanour suggests he’s quite willing for that to happen. He doesn’t have the ability to influence what goes on in a game.

Is it time to move these players on?

I think you are quite correct. As for today's result you've go to be pleased when you consider the opposition. By all accounts it sounds like we did enough to win. Shame about the missed pen. Kabamba on target again. If this goes on I reckon his parent club will want a hefty fee for him unless he is out of contract or something. The lad is on his way to being a Poolie legend. Certainly shows the likes of Cassidy what being a Centre Forward is all about.

I’m very pleased with the result, I think it’s probably the first one I’ve called correct.

All we did was worked hard for it and we cannot be disappointed, there was very little difference in the two teams.

Kabamba has what we haven’t seen in a striker for a long time, something that’s not learned it’s in a footballers DNA...a strikers instinct, the application to be in the right place at the right time in front of goal. However that’s taking nothing away from Luke James’ performance today, without him we would not have created either of those chances, Kabamba’s goal and the penalty. When people look at James they look for goals, he’s much more than that.

I should make an apology to Featherstone, he did well today, all we need to do is progress his signature pass from square to forward and he’ll do, I have always been a fan but forget he’s playing in a poor team.

Donaldson, what can I say, he did get up and down the line in the second half but did nothing of note with the ball, so anybody could have filled that role today, a Johnny Franks type of player.... no end product! and the amount of times his first touch was a pass was concerning, he doesn’t want the ball, doesn’t know what to do with it but is willing to pass responsibility quickly.

Last thing, no way would I have advocated a player who has not had game time in the last few weeks and only came on as a substitute in this game take a penalty regardless of being the nominated penalty taker. Look through stats and I bet when this situation arises the goalkeeper wins, it’s an unwritten rule in football same as an ex player scoring against his previous employers it’s a given. Plus Noble allowed the opposition to get in his head with their antics, juries still out on him at the minute.

Other plus points today were Josh Hawkes, Molyneux and Amos.