Order Restored (Nearly) | Vital Football

Order Restored (Nearly)

redderthanred

Vital Reserves Team
Firstly let me say - we are not yet playing Champagne football (Yet) and we still have a bit of tweaking to do but what we saw last night was a bit of unity and the coming together - players are starting to learn a bit about each others play and those within the squad that are coming off the bench also know their rolls when they come on.

The defence has really tightened up with each player picking up their man and doing the job they are being paid to do and when we are under the cosh we do not panic!!!

Midfield: Still a bit in & out but we are progressing in that area and once we find the right combination things will certainly get a lot better.

Strikers: Well yes, on paper we have been left a bit thin and a bit week - Brereton going - injuries - no one coming in etc. and so we are needing a bit of luck in each and every game but when this is sorted we will be in contention more often than not.

I've been disappointed reading some of the negative comments about certain players and team performances - Why is it supporters can't grasp that having such wholesale changes means that they (the new players) are coming from different clubs where they have played under different tactics, especially those from abroad. Most are coming into a different environment from different cultures - it would still be hard if they were all English born players that were chucked together let alone from all corners of Europe and further!!!

These are the same supporters who was telling everyone that we should have a clear out.

Kranky comes along and is given 'Cart Blanche' to transform the side of which he is now doing, but this is not good enough for our regular moaners.

Lets be sensible and give a bit more patience - we are only 8 games in - we have an abundance of talent and once we really click I can honestly see some good (if not great) times ahead but some supporters who always come out with all the negative crap really know nothing about the game - some actually dwell in the misery of Forest not doing well and just need something to moan about but they will still tell us all that they are "Forest Supporters" and have been to every match for xxxx years (Really?)

Red, you started the thread great, but then you ended up insulting people that maybe have a different opinion from yours. I am super happy of yesterday`s win and performance but we have to be careful as we have seen allot of false dawns. One (or two) sparrows doesnt make a summer, I said it already (on another thread), when we win seven games on the trot and a couple of draws thrown somewhere in between, then and only then I will day that we really turned the corner.
We all know the capabilities and level that this team can reach (according to the quality of the players that we have), but at the end of the day, it is a result buisness and rarely the table lies.
Minimum of 10 points from these 6 games is a must, we are at 4 from 2 games, winning on Saturday brings us to 7 (from 3 games), so its not a big ask to expect at least another 3 from the remaining 3 games (before the international break).

In total agreement with the OP, about the need for patience. Of course it’s frustrating with all the money spent that we are not winning more matches. However, if it was so easy to chuck 11 players together and expect instant results than we’d all be football managers. Maybe if, some of the football manager playing moaners on here, spent more time in the real world, then maybe they would tone down their expectations a little.

To expect our team to be suddenly transformed from a league basement hugging car crash to world beaters in half a dozen matches is just so unrealistic and totally ignores how bad we’ve been. Said it before and I’ll say it again, we are exactly where Wolves were 2 years ago. That’s a blueprint I wouldn’t mind following. I would suggest that if the ownership can stick with AK for a minimum of 2 years, then the premiership is well within our grasp.

The players need to feel they’ve got the supporters behind them and in terms of encouragement, we have as big a part to play, as the players do themselves.

In total agreement with the OP, about the need for patience. Of course it’s frustrating with all the money spent that we are not winning more matches. However, if it was so easy to chuck 11 players together and expect instant results than we’d all be football managers. Maybe if, some of the football manager playing moaners on here, spent more time in the real world, then maybe they would tone down their expectations a little.

To expect our team to be suddenly transformed from a league basement hugging car crash to world beaters in half a dozen matches is just so unrealistic and totally ignores how bad we’ve been. Said it before and I’ll say it again, we are exactly where Wolves were 2 years ago. That’s a blueprint I wouldn’t mind following. I would suggest that if the ownership can stick with AK for a minimum of 2 years, then the premiership is well within our grasp.

The players need to feel they’ve got the supporters behind them and in terms of encouragement, we have as big a part to play, as the players do themselves.
Forget the two years...after this season, half of our players will be surplus and need replacing...if we get promoted this year we will replace with Premiership players if we remain in tge Championship we will have to replace with other Championship mercenaries...

Forget the two years...after this season, half of our players will be surplus and need replacing...if we get promoted this year we will replace with Premiership players if we remain in tge Championship we will have to replace with other Championship mercenaries...

That’s already happening, Brereton? Maybe Yates ? Cummings ? The message should be clear. Make a contribution in short order, or prepare to ship out. Some were upset about Brereton going, but he doesn’t fit the current plan so what he’s capable of when he’s 25, is irrelevant because we EXPECT to be in a different place by then.

Whether or not players are replaced again is irrelevant, players like Pants, Carvalho, Dias will form the nucleus of the side. At the end of last season we didn’t even have a nucleus. Now we have something to work with and develop. That’s why we’ve gone for young players that AK believes will make the step up. I’m more than hopeful that AK will prove the doubters wrong in the months to come.

That’s already happening, Brereton? Maybe Yates ? Cummings ? The message should be clear. Make a contribution in short order, or prepare to ship out. Some were upset about Brereton going, but he doesn’t fit the current plan so what he’s capable of when he’s 25, is irrelevant because we EXPECT to be in a different place by then.

Whether or not players are replaced again is irrelevant, players like Pants, Carvalho, Dias will form the nucleus of the side. At the end of last season we didn’t even have a nucleus. Now we have something to work with and develop. That’s why we’ve gone for young players that AK believes will make the step up. I’m more than hopeful that AK will prove the doubters wrong in the months to come.
Hope u r right and the owners have also your same faith...looking at Marinakis record at Olympiacos, he doesnt worry that much about management stability...if the manager in charge doesnt bring him results he is out...so if we r happy or not by simply progress but not make at least the play offs, its Mar.that decides...nd my feeling is that the big man wants minimum play offs...

Hope u r right and the owners have also your same faith...looking at Marinakis record at Olympiacos, he doesnt worry that much about management stability...if the manager in charge doesnt bring him results he is out...so if we r happy or not by simply progress but not make at least the play offs, its Mar.that decides...nd my feeling is that the big man wants minimum play offs...

Imo its time that myth was busted 're Olympiacos. Closer comparison would be chelski. In short I don't think mar will treat forest the same way cos they are at different levels in different leagues. Big m is not stupid. Only if it looks like it's going nowhere can I see him getting rid of ak.

Imo its time that myth was busted 're Olympiacos. Closer comparison would be chelski. In short I don't think mar will treat forest the same way cos they are at different levels in different leagues. Big m is not stupid. Only if it looks like it's going nowhere can I see him getting rid of ak.

My thoughts entirely, Warburton was like a dead man walking last year, and there came a tipping point where it became obvious that W couldn’t turn it around. If M had a quick trigger finger then AK would have gone before the transfer window opened. Like you say he’s not stupid, he knew he was taking on a car crash, and that no doubt was reflected in the price he paid Fawaz. So if he felt that, that could be turned around in a season, then you would have to fear for his state of mind. My prediction would be that AK gets at least this season and review at the end of the season. Can anyone think of anyone better qualified to take us up, and would come here, than AK ?

Wasnt the rumour that Warburton was sacked after presenting his January shopping list, which was full of players from his daughters agency?

Some agreement in recent threads about improvement and restoring of order, settling of players and after two reasonable performances perhaps a settled team. Is it the same starting 11 against Rotherham?

Some agreement in recent threads about improvement and restoring of order, settling of players and after two reasonable performances perhaps a settled team. Is it the same starting 11 against Rotherham?
Fellas ...lets not carried away...Rotterham is a banana skin...it is a game that we r EXPECTED to win...if not it will be doom nd gloom again...the longevity of AK remains Marinakis discretion...targets agreed behind closed doors only who was present knows about...hints if what they are r what the new signings say upon signing...nd the feel is promotion...nd not stability...Grabban didnt re sign for Villa not to go to a mid table team I guess..in regard AKs pedigree...lets not get too far here...he got another big spending Boro team promoted nd then relegated by Christmas following...its not as if he got a team promoted at tge furst attempt and kept them in the Premiership for a couple of seasons...sort if Sean Dyche at Burnley ...

We are agreed that the goal is promotion, what we disagree on is timescale. Whilst we all HOPE that we can achieve promotion this year, to EXPECT it is unrealistic. And if AK gets sacked because he hasn’t achieved it, I personally, would find that very disappointing. I would like to think this year is the first year of a 2 year plan.

If we are still treading water after Christmas, then I would expect Marinakis to re consider his options. However my expectation is that AK will take us to the top half as a minimum, and that will be sufficient to give him the opportunity to complete the project. With reference to what happened at Boro, we’ll worry about that when we get into the premiership.