Or - Our Best Double Act. | Vital Football

Or - Our Best Double Act.

SmithAndJones

Vital 1st Team Regular
Yesterday's posts concerning our best ever, and replies including reference to the Greaves and Gilzean partnership, set me thinking further on the subject of pairings that I touched on in a post last week. Over the years we have been fortunate as Spurs fans to see some outstanding pairings, where the partnerships have been instrumental on both players, sometimes one more than the other, thriving individually. Greaves and Gilzean, Ardiles and Villa, Hoddle and Waddle, Archibald and Crooks, Sheringham and Anderton, King and Dawson, Keane and Berbatov, Bale and Modric, Walker and Rose, Alderweireld and Vertonghen, Kane and Alli. For me Greavesie and Gilly will always be my all time favourites, but it would be difficult to rank those mentioned in respect of their value to the team when at their peak. Have I missed any?

The famous five were Anderton, Barmby, Dimitriscu, Teddy, Klinsmann. Man they were exciting.

Was well annoyed when we sold Barmby.

They were exciting times, clever incisive players I loved watching them, but the three I separated were as good as Berbatov and Keane in the telepathic patterns they weaved.

The famous five were Anderton, Barmby, Dimitriscu, Teddy, Klinsmann. Man they were exciting.

Was well annoyed when we sold Barmby.

I think there were external pressures from his wife/fiancee; in the end, he wanted to go back North. I really admired him as a player, kept it simple but was also efficient and had the quality when it was needed. Alli, Lamela, and Moura could learn a lot from him.

Hardly anybody mentions Sessignon! Never followed him at Fulham. Cost us 25M if I remember correctly. We keep on that ew need a left back, is he a left back or isn’t he?. He has hardly featured and when he did didn’t impress me much. So what’s the story on him?

Hardly anybody mentions Sessignon! Never followed him at Fulham. Cost us 25M if I remember correctly. We keep on that ew need a left back, is he a left back or isn’t he?. He has hardly featured and when he did didn’t impress me much. So what’s the story on him?

Jose seems to like him. I think we will continue to play him at LB. We won't have the funds to buy anyone so he and Davies are as good as it gets.