Opening day league fixture. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Opening day league fixture.

Start away and then end away, odd, thought it was normally one or the other. Anyway festive fixtures look reasonable enough

I find it slightly odd that we have a midweek fixture between Christmas and New Year (Thursday 29 December, 7:45pm ko) away v Sutton Utd. This is a normal working day by the way (although many people will be off).

Then we have a match on NYD, which is the Sunday. The Monday would be a bh. Wouldnt it be better to have played the Saturday (31 Dec) then the Monday (2 Jan) rather than that midweek game? That is a full round of fixtures on that Thursday night btw.

I find it slightly odd that we have a midweek fixture between Christmas and New Year (Thursday 29 December, 7:45pm ko) away v Sutton Utd. This is a normal working day by the way (although many people will be off).

I was disappointed with the date and time of the Sutton away game. It was one I earmarked to go to as a fairly local, new ground and good opportunity for a Saturday piss up. A Thursday at 7.45pm just after Christmas? I don't think so.

Promotion party at a new ground for everyone. Brilliant.
:-)

Before the pedants write in, I meant new in terms of a Gills league game.

We’ll there’s a surprise. Our opening day fixture is against one of the other 23 teams in League2. Didn’t see it coming. Totally shocked!

With all the excitement, not sure I’ll be able to sleep tonight.

We’ll there’s a surprise. Our opening day fixture is against one of the other 23 teams in League2. Didn’t see it coming. Totally shocked!

With all the excitement, not sure I’ll be able to sleep tonight.

So is our first home game. Business as usual!

Shut the front door.

I need to have a sit down. Head is spinning.

Just hope the club don’t publish shirt numbers in the next week. That’ll throw me over the edge.

Just hope we don't get Cheltenham in the league Cup! Argh!