Open University | Vital Football

Open University

BladesMad

Alert Team
Staff member
Last October I begun the long path of gaining a University degree by studying with the OU part-time. I am studying creative writing.

I wondered if any of my fellow Blades are currently studying with the OU and in what subject?

Good for you mate. I think thats the course Rod did, though he did a minor in English Grammar.

I've thought about reading Philosophy or something in the Historical Sciences when I retire, but its quite a lot of money for an indulgence. I fear i've been out of education too long, so I suppose I'll just have to stick to posting on here.

Last edited:
Good for you mate. I think thats the course Rod did, though he did a minor in English Grammar.

I've thought about reading Philosophy or something in the Historical Sciences when I retire, but its quite a lot of money for an indulgence. I fear i've been out of education too long, so I suppose I'll just have to stick to posting on here.

Not really FKB. My mother-in-law is close to 60 and is doing a degree through OU. She got student finance as everyone is entitled to and she won't ever have to pay it back as she won't ever earn over the fresh-hold (£25k? p/a). Lots of people do it just to learn something new.

I have done a little bit of Philosophy and I found it very interesting. I even thought about switching degrees but Writing is what I want to do - I do enough of it!