Onomah staying, Janssen goes says Poch | Vital Football

Onomah staying, Janssen goes says Poch

Spursex

Alert Team
Tottenham transfer news: Mauricio Pochettino wants to keep Josh Onomah but confirms Vincent Janssen can leave

LIVE | Latest transfer news and gossip from the summer window

Click to follow
ES Sport

Receive Tottenham updates

onomah2407abc.jpg

Pre-season: Onomah spent last season on loan at Aston Villa ( Tottenham Hotspur FC via Getty Images )

ES Football Newsletter

or register with your social account

I would like to receive news and stats from the Premier League, twice a week by email
Already have an account? Log in

Mauricio Pochettino says there is no way back for Vincent Janssen at Tottenham but he revealed that 21-year-old Josh Onomah is part of his plans for the new season.

Janssen and Onomah were the notable omissions from Spurs’ squad for the pre-season trip to the US, where they play Roma in San Diego on Thursday morning.

Janssen, who has two years remaining on his contract, spent last season on loan at Fenerbahce after scoring just two league goals for Spurs in 2015-16 and the Turkish club would like to re-sign the striker on a temporary deal.

Spurs, though, are hoping to sell the £17million flop permanently in the next week, and Pochettino said: “I think it’s different personal situations for the different players [who aren’t here] but the situation for Vincent is clear.”

Read more

Onomah has remained in London because of a minor knee problem and, despite earning mixed reviews on loan at Championship club Aston Villa last season, Pochettino says the U-20 World Cup winner is part of his thinking.

“Josh is part of our plans. He’s injured and doing his recovery with Harry Winks – that’s why he’s not here,” Pochettino added.

“Harry is doing well after his ankle injury and we hope he can join us as soon as possible, but at the moment he’s out of the group. We need to assess him every day.”
Dan Kilpatrick discusses Tottenham's Pre-season tour in the US
Winks had hoped to be fit for Spurs’ opening game of the season at Newcastle on August 11 following ankle surgery in May but that now looks unlikely, leaving Spurs short of midfielders.

Pochettino’s squad has been dealt a further blow after Juan Foyth was ruled out of the US tour with a knee injury.

Happy to see us give Onomah another season - but he'll really need to fulfill his potential if and when he gets opportunities - I hope he's got what I think he has.

I can't see anyone taking Janssen on a perm.

He was poor last year... maybe a loan with a view to buy?

We can't take a massive profit on Toby and then be worrying about a small loss on Janssen. That's just the risks involved in buying players.

I'm more concerned about Winks and now Foyth. We need all of our best players fit, especially the non World Cup ones, for the big kickoff in less than a months time.

Wtf really happened with Janssen anyway? Seems a strange set of circumstances. Too bad really.

Josh sticking around is good news, rather him in the squad than say Sissoko.

Poch killed this bloke I so desperately want him to get back on track. He was treated very badly. Real black Mark against the coach for me

Jansen is injured so no one's interested.

And Josh is at Sheffield Wednesday on a season long loan - clearly, he's not impressed, but in fairness, he too was injured all through pre-season..

Jansen is injured so no one's interested.

And Josh is at Sheffield Wednesday on a season long loan - clearly, he's not impressed, but in fairness, he too was injured all through pre-season..
Sorry Ex ,I wasn't asking where they were , I was being ironic . It was just the opposite to what Poch said in pre season .