Only in America... | Page 39 | Vital Football

Only in America...

Still, Texans consistently vote for Republicans so, to quote a phrase: the people get the government they deserve.

I said after Sandy Hook that if that didn't change America with respect to guns, nothing ever would. And it didn't. Not that I expected that it would.

Well it's now at the point where events such as that are actively denounced as faked, constructed by the government to enable them to enact gun law changes. When you are at that point of denial of incontrovertibly real events as some sort of hoax then there is no hope left for reasoned discourse on the subject...

Well it's now at the point where events such as that are actively denounced as faked, constructed by the government to enable them to enact gun law changes. When you are at that point of denial of incontrovertibly real events as some sort of hoax then there is no hope left for reasoned discourse on the subject...

Yes, some victim's families have been trolled and have taken cases.

I recently saw that one of the young activists from the last mass shooting at a High School was followed by an elected Republican (I firget who) and harrassed.

Horrible stuff and it's where giving even an inch to "I'm just asking questions" conspiracy nuts gets you.

The same hideous creature that led to a black female senator requesting her office be moved away from. The same lunatic that bought into the QAnon bollocks about satanic worshiping child molesters and Jews threatening their democracy. The kind of bat-shit nuts stuff that only a complete fuckwit could possibly believe.
Marjorie Taylor Greene.

Yes, some victim's families have been trolled and have taken cases.

I recently saw that one of the young activists from the last mass shooting at a High School was followed by an elected Republican (I firget who) and harrassed.

Horrible stuff and it's where giving even an inch to "I'm just asking questions" conspiracy nuts gets you.

Alex Jones has recently lost his case in Texas to get the lawsuits against him thrown out, excellent news. The sooner this stain on humanity is denied his wealth and influence the better...

Love reading about that study. Really shits into the mouth of Republicans and capitalism doesn't it? I mean, who would've thought that if you treat your citizens with dignity and respect they would be contributing members of society? What a insane thought. Republicans and conservatives have been stripping dignity from the impoverished for years then expect respect back, makes no sense.

Love reading about that study. Really shits into the mouth of Republicans and capitalism doesn't it? I mean, who would've thought that if you treat your citizens with dignity and respect they would be contributing members of society? What a insane thought. Republicans and conservatives have been stripping dignity from the impoverished for years then expect respect back, makes no sense.

There is a strand of right-wing thought that asserts that being poor is a mark of moral failing. With the ideology of "The American Dream", this is especially the case in the USA. It takes no account of personal and/or societal factors and presents everyone as an equal economic and moral agent.

So, if you fail/are poor, it can only be your fault and that means you are weak, deserve it and are to blame.

Conversely, the "successful" (read, rich) have achieved their wealth and power completely by their own efforts. Therefore, they are morally good.

It's about the most simplistic thinking about society, economics, politics and morality you can find outside of a troop of chimps, but there you go.

There is a strand of right-wing thought that asserts that being poor is a mark of moral failing. With the ideology of "The American Dream", this is especially the case in the USA. It takes no account of personal and/or societal factors and presents everyone as an equal economic and moral agent.

So, if you fail/are poor, it can only be your fault and that means you are weak, deserve it and are to blame.

Conversely, the "successful" (read, rich) have achieved their wealth and power completely by their own efforts. Therefore, they are morally good.

It's about the most simplistic thinking about society, economics, politics and morality you can find outside of a troop of chimps, but there you go.

You are right Notty. There is a strand from the right wing that paints a picture of wealth and power as a result of meritocracy and inversely poverty as a consequence of personal failings.

It’s is though, complete and utter fucking tosh. But you have to justify stolen income somehow I guess.

And now for something completely different :rofl:

Strewth, I bet security were panicking - desperately trying to see where the grassy knoll or book depository were situated.

Thank goodness he did his Looney Toons jig at the top, so they knew the sniper hadn't taken him out.

Don't drop the football Joe

Last edited:
And now for something completely different :rofl:

Strewth, I bet security were panicking - desperately trying to see where the grassy knoll or book depository were situated.

Thank goodness he did his Looney Toons jig at the top, so they knew the sniper hadn't taken him out.

Don't drop the football Joe
Funny, but still not as funny as Trump not understanding how to close an umbrella, or having a few sheets of bog roll trailing from his shoe

Funny, but still not as funny as Trump not understanding how to close an umbrella, or having a few sheets of bog roll trailing from his shoe

Indeed, quite so. If Trump had any self awareness (he hasn't) he may reflect on how useless he had to be or how effective MSN and social media were, for him to actually lose to this creepy, bumbling buffoon.