Only in America... | Page 14 | Vital Football

Only in America...

America is truly weird. We've had a few holidays there and love the country.

Culturally and linguistically different, with its idiosyncracies, but for the most part the people we've met have been pleasant, sane and as far as we could tell, not fixated with weaponry.

The fairest view on how its been presented in the media is, like in the UK, the 95% normal is boring and that presents a false picture. But then how do you explain Trump?

Canada is a laid back States, though when you get to the French bits a certain psychosis kicks in where vehicles are concerned.

America is truly weird. We've had a few holidays there and love the country.

Culturally and linguistically different, with its idiosyncracies, but for the most part the people we've met have been pleasant, sane and as far as we could tell, not fixated with weaponry.

The fairest view on how its been presented in the media is, like in the UK, the 95% normal is boring and that presents a false picture. But then how do you explain Trump?

Canada is a laid back States, though when you get to the French bits a certain psychosis kicks in where vehicles are concerned.
Do you mean they own a lot of Renaults, Citroens and Dacias or something else Chester?

Surely you meant this in olive right? Surely...
Why would I put it in olive. I think the American public have as much right to hear about the foibles of Creepy Joe's family as much as they get to hear about the foibles of Dodgy Don's family. It's called equality.

As I've said before good luck to The USA public which ever one they have the misfortune of getting saddled with. My issue is the manipulation by social media and main stream news to selectively try and cover up stories that don't suit their political agenda whilst highlighting to the extreme those that do. They shouldn't expect to be able to get away with dictating what the public do or don't get to hear.

We see it here regularly. For example the hysterical media reporting about the false and malicious allegations viz. the Electoral Commission regarding Aaron Banks and funding. Following the investigation that established the allegations were irrebuttable baseless lies motivated by a political agenda we got what. A virtual news black out on the outcome.

If the family of the buffoon Trump are fair game then so are the family of Biden. For whatever reason Twitter backed down after desperately trying to suppress this story for a fortnight. I don't know what phone calls and legal threats were made but in the end they had to reinstate the new York Post Twitter account and link to this very relevant (for the citizens of The USA) piece of news.

Censorship by mainstream news and social media platforms is not acceptable. Anyone would think they were trying to deliberately influence democratic outcomes.

Why would I put it in olive. I think the American public have as much right to hear about the foibles of Creepy Joe's family as much as they get to hear about the foibles of Dodgy Don's family. It's called equality.

As I've said before good luck to The USA public which ever one they have the misfortune of getting saddled with. My issue is the manipulation by social media and main stream news to selectively try and cover up stories that don't suit their political agenda whilst highlighting to the extreme those that do. They shouldn't expect to be able to get away with dictating what the public do or don't get to hear.

We see it here regularly. For example the hysterical media reporting about the false and malicious allegations viz. the Electoral Commission regarding Aaron Banks and funding. Following the investigation that established the allegations were irrebuttable baseless lies motivated by a political agenda we got what. A virtual news black out on the outcome.

If the family of the buffoon Trump are fair game then so are the family of Biden. For whatever reason Twitter backed down after desperately trying to suppress this story for a fortnight. I don't know what phone calls and legal threats were made but in the end they had to reinstate the new York Times Twitter account and link to this very relevant (for the citizens of The USA) piece of news.

Censorship by mainstream news and social media platforms is not acceptable. Anyone would think they were trying to deliberately influence democratic outcomes.

oh no, seriously?

It hasn't been *censored* by the mainstream media, they just don't give the story any credibility since no-one will give them the evidence. Even Fox didn't take it up, that's how bad it was and these aren't even new allegations they are months if not years old

And you do know that the New York Post reporter who wrote that article insisted he have his name taken off the byline such was his objection to the veracity of the evidence?

Here's NBC's take on it
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...d-when-nbc-news-tried-report-alleged-n1245533

And here's the Business Insider's take
https://www.businessinsider.com/spi...erable-russian-intelligence-2020-10?r=US&IR=T

So far from censoring it, they are explaining why they are not covering it.

Never mind the fact the provenance of the laptop is extremely dubious and it has still to be established it was Hunter Biden's laptop at all...

Social media censors things all the time, it's why you can't see Alex Jones or any number of far right Qanon conspiracy theories on social media (you're surely not advocating Alex Jones be allowed back on youtube are you?)

This is both-siderism horse crap of the highest order. There is simply no way you can compare this flimsy cooked up evidence to (for instance) the president of the United States still owning a Chinese bank account or waving away all objections to the granting full security clearance to his son and son-in-law and pushing it through.

You are falling for a right-wing attempt to generate a smoke screen that attempts to cover the presidents opponent in a smear designed to generate a response that points out "See, both sides do this, none of the stuff we get up to can be criticised, Joe Biden does the same!" It's propaganda horse crap designed to solidify Trumps base support. I am genuinely astonished you can see this any other way...

If you genuinely believe this story is evidence of some sort of national US media cover up then I don't think there is any more point in debating it because you are in conspiracy theory land and there's no coming back from there...

oh no, seriously?

It hasn't been *censored* by the mainstream media, they just don't give the story any credibility since no-one will give them the evidence. Even Fox didn't take it up, that's how bad it was and these aren't even new allegations they are months if not years old

And you do know that the New York Post reporter who wrote that article insisted he have his name taken off the byline such was his objection to the veracity of the evidence?

Here's NBC's take on it
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...d-when-nbc-news-tried-report-alleged-n1245533

https://www.businessinsider.com/spi...erable-russian-intelligence-2020-10?r=US&IR=T

Never mind the fact the provenance of the laptop is extremely dubious and it has still to be established it was Hunter Biden's laptop at all...

Social media censors things all the time, it's why you can't see Alex Jones or any number of far right Qanon conspiracy theories on social media (you're surely not advocating Alex Jones be allowed back on youtube are you?)

This is both-siderism horse crap of the highest order. There is simply no way you can compare this flimsy cooked up evidence to (for instance) the president of the United States still owning a Chinese bank account or waving away all objections to the granting full security clearance to his son and son-in-law and pushing it through.

You are falling for a right-wing attempt to generate a smoke screen that attempts to cover the presidents opponent in a smear designed to generate a response that points out "See, both sides do this, none of the stuff we get up to can be criticised, Joe Biden does the same!" It's propaganda horse crap designed to solidify Trumps base support. I am genuinely astonished you can see this any other way...

If you genuinely believe this story is evidence of some sort of national US media cover up then I don't think there is any more point in debating it because you are in conspiracy theory land and there's no coming back from there...

So has Hunter Biden refuted or denied that the lap top and it's contents are his? Has he threatened to sue the author of the story?

The answer is no and no. I find it quite telling that is the position taken by such a wealthy empowered individual regarding a quite damning article. It's not hard to say that lap top is not mine and the contents are untrue, at the very least.

I have no idea who Alex Jones is or what Qanon theories are and I am not inclined to look them up. Introducing whatever they are to the discussion seems a smoke screen and diversion away from the unpalatable truth that the hard left in particular seeks to and is very successful at controlling MSN and social media.

oh no, seriously?

Here's NBC's take on it

It's quite easy to find articles for and against the idea of it being a smear.

https://www.westernjournal.com/fbi-...-says-story-not-russian-disinformation-report

The point is, there WAS a censorship campaign. That is the issue here.

So there isn't any point debating it, it turns out...

There is a point to debating it in The US. If the story is false it is quite damning for Trump due to his associations; some serious mileage for Biden there bearing in mind how they've quite properly shone a light on some of Trump's dodgy associations. If it's true it's quite damning for Bidens and only right that the same light is shone on them.

That's in addition and an aside to the thrust of my point about political extremists trying to control MSN and social media.

There is a point to debating it in The US. If the story is false it is quite damning for Trump due to his associations; some serious mileage for Biden there bearing in mind how they've quite properly shone a light on some of Trump's dodgy associations. If it's true it's quite damning for Bidens and only right that the same light is shone on them.

That's in addition and an aside to the thrust of my point about political extremists trying to control MSN and social media.

Of all the lies and untruths the Trump administration has perpetrated this is the one you think matters?

Of all the lies and untruths the Trump administration has perpetrated this is the one you think matters?
No I think it should all matter to The US electorate. They should know about both sides and any concerns should be aired without fear or favour. I don't follow the legitimising of Trump is bad, therefore whoever stands against him shouldn't be scrutinised argument.

Who knows they might even care a little more about who gets put forward in the future. Going off topic a little, one of the great shames of the Trump administration is that he was handed a rare opportunity to smash the tired political cartel that exists. It's akin to somebody different like Sugar or Branson somehow ending up as PM here and messing up that chance.

The sad reality is that having tried something different in Trump and the hash he has made of it the US may return to tired old second rate slime balls like Biden, Clinton and Nixon indefinitely.

Last edited:

Well, of course he does, it's about a 'left-winger' (I use the term advisedly).

Of course, Hully's sense of fairness doesn't stretch to a confimatory referendum about Brexit.

It's 'fairness' when it serves his quite extreme right-wing populist views.

Well, of course he does, it's about a 'left-winger' (I use the term advisedly).

Of course, Hully's sense of fairness doesn't stretch to a confimatory referendum about Brexit.

It's 'fairness' when it serves his quite extreme right-wing populist views.
So it's ok to suppress unfavourable stories about left wing politicians?

Also, the notion that a narcissistic right-wing, sociopathic, serial lying dim-witted, mysignistic right-wing proto fascist like Trump was ever going to change things for the better is the most breathtakingly naive idea I think I've ever heard.

Did you really believe that, Hully???!!!!