Only in America... | Page 12 | Vital Football

Only in America...

Just to play Devil's Advocate a little. Do you think the issue with the misidentification of the Barrister had as much to with the fact that she was only 25, or that she was a woman, as much as the colour of her skin?

Either way, it was notable that 'The Recorder' didn't actually apologise for her (apparently/allegedly) dismissive appraisal of her. Perhaps we should be just as alarmed, as a society, at how rude we are to each other.

You would have thought the lady in question would be the best person to judge those things, being 25 and a woman and all...

Just to play Devil's Advocate a little. Do you think the issue with the misidentification of the Barrister had as much to with the fact that she was only 25, or that she was a woman, as much as the colour of her skin?

Either way, it was notable that 'The Recorder' didn't actually apologise for her (apparently/allegedly) dismissive appraisal of her. Perhaps we should be just as alarmed, as a society, at how rude we are to each other.
Precisely, relevant good points.

$70000 on hair styling :rofl:
Transplanting from a family of albino gerbils, and adding just a touch of colour must be a complex process.
He reckons he's good at business ( so what about those tax deductible mega losses, Donald) but seeing the end results, he was clearly robbed.

Remember seeing a clip of the Queen giving a speech at one of the D-day commemorations last year with the thoroughly distracting sight alongside of Trump's hair wafting in the breeze.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...t-recorded-racist-sexist-remarks-hearing-told

One hopes this kind of thing won't happen again.

Still, I'm sure it's just "a few bad apples" and the police aren't institutionally racist and sexist.

Clearly the bug planted as a result of other officers being aware of their unacceptable behaviour, their concerns being taken very seriously and acted upon in a pro active way.

A success story that shows the British police won't tolerate this, won't turn a blind eye and will do something meaningful about it, publicly naming, shaming and no doubt sackings to follow. That is what we want and expect isn't it?

An institutionally racist organisation would have brushed this under the carpet and ignored it. I'm not sure what much more the police can do in this situation. It's hardly likely that as potential recruits this lot would have walked in displaying these attitudes. On the contrary the police are very proactively seeking recruits from minorities, women and from the whole cross section of society. The challenge to society is take up that offer to join, make a contribution from the inside and walk in their shoes instead of constantly denigrating much of what they do.

Perhaps we should be applauding the transparency and efforts of the police to reform and support them in doing a very difficult job where they receive scant recognition for the thankless task that most of them do well, majority of the time.

Last edited:
Oh come on Hully, a day after playing the victim and whining about "toxic" posts and how terribly upset you are by it all you're back replying to my posts.

Either shut the fuck up or stop playing the pathetic righty snowflake.

You really are an intellectual vacuum.

I mean, seriously, man-up a bit you whining little right-wing turd.

You make michael gove look credible.

Oh come on Hully, a day after playing the victim and whining about "toxic" posts and how terribly upset you are by it all you're back replying to my posts.

Either shut the fuck up or stop playing the pathetic righty snowflake.

You really are an intellectual vacuum.
Do read what I put. I said I would continue to happily discuss matters in a civil way, not on the main board (political) and would cut off any conversation if it became abusive.

You won't censor me any more than I would dream of censoring you. It's quite insightful seeing your posts as it demonstrates your anger, hatred, bitterness and narrow mindedness with your tendency to to jump straight to conclusive opinions and abuse without having the debate.