Only in America... | Vital Football

Only in America...

What you can't see is the Batmobile in flames just off camera!
Americans really are idiots. Someone wrongfully killed, I know let's burn down a dozen cities. I struggle to understand why anyone would chose to live in some of the places. I'm sure there are some perfectly reasonable people over there, but they appear to have quite a high number of lunatics. Clearly being governed by the biggest of all isn't ever going to help the situation.
An old Japanese colleague of mine narrowly avoided being the victim of a drive by shooting in a bar near one of our factories over there (Orangeburg, South Carolina).

What you can't see is the Batmobile in flames just off camera!
Americans really are idiots. Someone wrongfully killed, I know let's burn down a dozen cities. I struggle to understand why anyone would chose to live in some of the places. I'm sure there are some perfectly reasonable people over there, but they appear to have quite a high number of lunatics. Clearly being governed by the biggest of all isn't ever going to help the situation.
An old Japanese colleague of mine narrowly avoided being the victim of a drive by shooting in a bar near one of our factories over there (Orangeburg, South Carolina).

I think "someone wrongfully killed" might be not a complete picture of the "white cop on black people" violence that is perpetrated on them on a daily basis

I think "someone wrongfully killed" might be not a complete picture of the "white cop on black people" violence that is perpetrated on them on a daily basis
I get that, but burning buildings ain't going to change a thing. Protest by all means, but what is happening won't help the cause. Mind, more than likely the protests have been hijacked by others.

I get that, but burning buildings ain't going to change a thing. Protest by all means, but what is happening won't help the cause. Mind, more than likely the protests have been hijacked by others.

There will some "bad actors", no doubt.

At what point do you decide "enough is enough"? Disenfranchised people have very little to lose...

There will some "bad actors", no doubt.

At what point do you decide "enough is enough"? Disenfranchised people have very little to lose...

In the words of Bob Dylan, When you ain't got nothing, you got nothing to lose (Like a Rolling Stone)

Have to say protest, even violent, is one thing. Looting is just opportunist theft

Of course it's not, but we're not party to the feelings of helplessness, oppression and inequality that some of those people put up with on a daily basis. When no-one in authority listens to anything you say no matter how often you say it then eventually something snaps and you vent your rage in the only way those people will listen.

MLK on the subject

And when the enforcement authorities respond like this:

One has to ask, who is escalating what here?

And one final point, one sees a marked difference between how those (mainly) white people who turned up to protest at the lockdown in the US absolutely armed to the hilt and the authorities reaction to those protesters absolutely enraged that another black man had died at the hands of the police force and none of the 4 officers involved were even arrested...

I'm pretty sure that many black people over there are drawing exactly the same equivalences...

And this comes hot on the heels of an unarmed black jogger in his own neighbourhood being executed by an off-duty white cop.

When is enough, enough?

It's not just rioting and looting though is it, as if that isn't bad enough (I wonder how all the ordinary decent working class victims feel about their businesses and livelihoods being destroyed). Two other people have also been killed during this 'protest'. The initial death was inexcusable on any level and the subsequent violence, destruction and deaths are also inexcusable on any level. The people involved are all responsible for their own actions; politics is no excuse for individual actions.

It's not just rioting and looting though is it, as if that isn't bad enough (I wonder how all the ordinary decent working class victims feel about their businesses and livelihoods being destroyed). Two other people have also been killed during this 'protest'. The initial death was inexcusable on any level and the subsequent violence, destruction and deaths are also inexcusable on any level. The people involved are all responsible for their own actions; politics is no excuse for individual actions.

Utter rubbish. A typical right-wing response. Try living in a society that is fundamentally biased against you, kills your kind based on skin colour, fails time and again to listen to your greviances and then blames you for it.

Fuck off.

Utter rubbish. A typical right-wing response. Try living in a society that is fundamentally biased against you, kills your kind based on skin colour, fails time and again to listen to your greviances and then blames you for it.

Fuck off.
Where did I condone or fail to recognise racism and American history? I just choose to condemn sickening violence in all forms.

Where did I condone or fail to recognise racism and American history? I just choose to condemn sickening violence in all forms.

So all violence is equivalent? There are no power imbalances? You are either ignorant, stupid or deliberately avoiding the massive historical issue of racism in the US.

Let me put it another way. What should black people in the US do when they are constantly executed by white cops?

Notty, As you're asking, murder is equivalent to murder in my opinion. Where have I said there are no power imbalances or I fail to recognise the hideous history of racism in the US; I choose to reject all murder as acceptable, I choose not to differentiate. Ask yourself, is the murder of the two people in protest to the original murder not equivalent? Are you suggesting the murder of the two people is an acceptable response to the initial murder? I don't assume I know what you are thinking I choose to ask.

Notty, As you're asking, murder is equivalent to murder in my opinion. Where have I said there are no power imbalances or I fail to recognise the hideous history of racism in the US; I choose to reject all murder as acceptable, I choose not to differentiate. Ask yourself, is the murder of the two people in protest to the original murder not equivalent? Are you suggesting the murder of the two people is an acceptable response to the initial murder? I don't assume I know what you are thinking I choose to ask.

I'm not sure what murders you're referring to but you've failed to answer my question about

You've failed to answer my question. What should black people in the US do about being executed by white cops?

Until you answer that all your responses are mealy-mouthed apologetic right-wing excuses for whire violence against black people.

I'm not sure what murders you're referring to but you've failed to answer my question about

You've failed to answer my question. What should black people in the US do about being executed by white cops?

Until you answer that all your responses are mealy-mouthed apologetic right-wing excuses for whire violence against black people.
Two people it has been reported have been shot dead during the protests. Sadly I do not profess to have any answers as to what the solution is but that doesn't mean that retaliatory violence and murder are excusable or answers in my opinion. On the contrary in my opinion it just adds to entrenched division. Out of interest Notty do you think that violence and murder are the solution and if not what do you think black people in the US should do about being executed by white cops?

Two people it has been reported have been shot dead during the protests. Sadly I do not profess to have any answers as to what the solution is but that doesn't mean that retaliatory violence and murder are excusable or answers in my opinion. On the contrary in my opinion it just adds to entrenched division. Out of interest Notty do you think that violence and murder are the solution and if not what do you think black people in the US should do about being executed by white cops?

Nope, you first. What should black people in the US do about being executed by white cops?

Stop avoiding the question.

I don't like your hulloutpost-ness. When you leave the house I am going to stop and search you because of your hulloutpost-ness.

If you jog in your neighbourgood I may decide you are a burglar or rapist because of your hulloutpost-ness. If have a gun, I may then execute you because of your hulloutpost-ness.

Because of your hulloutpost-ness I may not employ you.

Because of your hulloutpost-ness your children will have poor educational outcomes.

Because of your hulloutpost-ness you will die at an earlier age in poverty.

There's an old saying: walk a mile in hulloutpost's shoes.