Only in America... | Page 32 | Vital Football

Only in America...

As an Imps fan who holds US and UK passports I just saw this thread and thought I would jump in.

The mans a charlatan and con artist. The only saving grace is he is utterly incompetent, but his narcissism and sociopathic nature mean he is extremely dangerous, despite his incompetency.

Interestingly, for the first couple of years of his Presidency my family in England would laugh when I would tell them how bad I thought he was, how dangerous he was, and what an awful human being he was. "He's alright really", "just look at the US economy", "give him a chance", were frequent comments I heard. It wasn't until mid 2020 when the reality of his COVID inaction started to hit home that they began to pay attention. It would appear that locking kids in cages, and attempting to cajole a foreign power into announcing bogus investigations into domestic political opponents were A-OK, but I'm different like that.

Now of course they are happy to talk about how bad Trump is. I'm too kind to remind them of their previous positions. When I put on my Mystic Meg hat I predict in 2-3 years you will struggle to find anyone admitting to ever supporting Trump, but right now, for a variety of reasons, some in the US have a cult-like devotion to this awful man and I fear we are not through the worst of it yet.

As an Imps fan who holds US and UK passports I just saw this thread and thought I would jump in.

The mans a charlatan and con artist. The only saving grace is he is utterly incompetent, but his narcissism and sociopathic nature mean he is extremely dangerous, despite his incompetency.

Interestingly, for the first couple of years of his Presidency my family in England would laugh when I would tell them how bad I thought he was, how dangerous he was, and what an awful human being he was. "He's alright really", "just look at the US economy", "give him a chance", were frequent comments I heard. It wasn't until mid 2020 when the reality of his COVID inaction started to hit home that they began to pay attention. It would appear that locking kids in cages, and attempting to cajole a foreign power into announcing bogus investigations into domestic political opponents were A-OK, but I'm different like that.

Now of course they are happy to talk about how bad Trump is. I'm too kind to remind them of their previous positions. When I put on my Mystic Meg hat I predict in 2-3 years you will struggle to find anyone admitting to ever supporting Trump, but right now, for a variety of reasons, some in the US have a cult-like devotion to this awful man and I fear we are not through the worst of it yet.
I like this LA_Imp. I agree to all of it but I am fearful of the last part. I feel that there still will be people pledging allegiance to his idea and ideals. At the very least Don Jr. or Ivanka will try and run for prez. And if they do. Fuck us all....

I'm afraid the Trump name will be a part of American politics for years to come.

I like this LA_Imp. I agree to all of it but I am fearful of the last part. I feel that there still will be people pledging allegiance to his idea and ideals. At the very least Don Jr. or Ivanka will try and run for prez. And if they do. Fuck us all....

I'm afraid the Trump name will be a part of American politics for years to come.

You could be right MichiganImp, but I can also see the Republican Party destroying itself over this. Enough Trump nutjobs will abandon the party without him, but with him he is too toxic for corporate America and traditional Romney-esque Republicans. We could be left with a sizeable political vacuum for the Democrats to take advantage of, as the Republicans divide themselves. Provided of course the Democrats navigate those waters successfully, which is most certainly not a guarantee.

It's possible of course that my interpretation is skewed due to my West Coast location, and I recognize that circumstances are different in Michigan. A Don Jr. or Ivanka presidency might even have me starting to believe in the end times:)

But as long as the Imps continue their meteoric rise to international glory, there will always be Saturday afternoon/morning (dependent on your time zone).

Up to 4 years ago, Hilary Clinton was expected to be the first female President of the USA, and she most likely would have been if not for the Tump/FBI dirty tricks, and despite winning the popular vote,

I would suggest many people now consider Kamala Harris will fulfil that role, either because Joe Biden won't complete his term of office, or because she will be in pole position in 4 years time

But LA and Michigan paint a possible scenario of Ivanka Trump becoming the first female President - a very sobering and frightening prospect!! We are certainly living through some interesting times

So Twitter have permanently banned Donald Trump for violating their terms and conditions, at first I cheered this, but I do worry this might divide people even more, madness to think someone is banned from twitter yet has nuclear launch codes.

And just seen Google have removed Parler from the Google store, Parler is basically the American right wing twitter from what I viewed from the day I had it installed, Right wingers on Twitter were getting people to move across.

Last edited:
That could be the last we hear of him. After all, character limited communication is him in a bright orange nutshell.

So Twitter have permanently banned Donald Trump for violating their terms and conditions, at first I cheered this, but I do worry this might divide people even more, madness to think someone is banned from twitter yet has nuclear launch codes.

And just seen Google have removed Parler from the Google store, Parler is basically the American right wing twitter from what I viewed from the day I had it installed, Right wingers on Twitter were getting people to move across.

Yeah I actually disagree with this. The problem we have is the lack of quality journalism that rebuts the obvious lies that are posted, on whatever platform. And this is exacerbated by the general public’s inability to apply any sort of critical thought to the information they receive.

Trump is the obvious example but there’s many others throughout the world (we’ve got our own writ large in the new UKIP/Tory Government) - it’s a cultural issue. Simply banning him from Twitter won’t resolve it.

And of course it’ll give the Gammonati and those that make a living out of being permanently outraged even more reason to bitch and moan.

Last edited:
Yeah I actually disagree with this. The problem we have is the lack of quality journalism that rebuts the obvious lies that are posted, on whatever platform. And this is exacerbated by the general public’s inability to apply any sort of critical thought to the information they receive.

Trump is the obvious example but there’s many others throughout the world (we’ve got our own writ large in the new UKIP/Tory Government) - it’s a cultural issue. Simply banning him from Twitter won’t resolve it.

And of course it’ll give the Gammonati and those that make a living out of being permanently outraged even more reason to bitch and moan.

I agree with much of your post, but Twitter's rules should apply to Trump just as they to do to anyone else. He puts his trousers on one leg at a time, just the same as the rest of us.

If Trump has violated Twitter's terms of use, he needs to banned just Like Joe Hillbilly in his survivalist militia encampment in deepest Kentucky spewing fascist and racist filth would be.