Only in America... | Page 18 | Vital Football

Only in America...

Oh, Hully would be the concentration camp guard only "following orders" in the 3rd Reich.

He'd be the Stasi informer in East Germany.

He'd be Quisling in Norway and Franco in Spain.

He'd be Pol Pot in Cambodia.

Well, understandable when you haven't posted any question marks about Trump. You're not really fooling anyone with that rhetoric.

I don't believe Trump is fit to be President. Judging by your 'rhetoric' comment you almost seem to be disappointing that I'm not not supporting him? Trust me if I had anything positive to say about the man I would; after all I'm not shy about my support for your other pantomime villain Farage.

As discussed the other night Trump's indefensible failings are well documented on this thread by others, and I have only ever concurred with those observations. I don't have anything new or different to add regarding Trump.

Also as discussed I have question marks over Biden being a poor choice as an alternative in his own right and for me a concern about media censorship; two issues which had not been touched upon previously. Therefore I was quite happy to throw those into the discussion as new items and engage with the debate that arose as a consequence.

I'm quite happy to take flak for expressing an alternative opinion about Biden and questioning the integrity of media sources. If you can clarify what you mean regarding my 'rhetoric' feel free to post it. I would love to know what it is and see your evidence for formulating that opinion.

In addition to the previous question, Nigel Farage - your Brexit mate - is appearing at Trump rallies.

What do you have to say about that?

(Also in answer to posts from SincilBanks)

Nigel Farage is his own man and he will have to deal with the toxicity of associating with Trump. I'm sure he will alienate many with that straight away.

I will be looking at his new party which is supposed to be tackling the iniquities of The UK democratic system and establishment of which I believe there are many. I fully expect to find issues I agree with and won't be surprised to find some that I don't.

As somebody who does not currently have an affinity to any political party I would be short sighted to not have a look and take a view from there. If nothing else should I come out overall in favour of their manifesto you can at least look forward to pouring some cathartic opprobrium my way.

Nigel Farage is his own man and he will have to deal with the toxicity of associating with Trump. I'm sure he will alienate many with that straight away.

I will be looking at his new party which is supposed to be tackling the iniquities of The UK democratic system and establishment of which I believe there are many. I fully expect to find issues I agree with and won't be surprised to find some that I don't.

As somebody who does not currently have an affinity to any political party I would be short sighted to not have a look and take a view from there. If nothing else should I come out overall in favour of their manifesto you can at least look forward to pouring some cathartic opprobrium my way.

Good lord. You think Fsrage is a democrat? Wow.

Enjoy your concentration camp duties.

Oh, Hully would be the concentration camp guard only "following orders" in the 3rd Reich.

He'd be the Stasi informer in East Germany.

He'd be Quisling in Norway and Franco in Spain.

He'd be Pol Pot in Cambodia.

Try supporting genuine, open, honest, informed, intelligent, humanitarian, empathetic, egalitarian democracy.

Good job I only went as far as laughing at being the butt of the joke. Narcissistic rhetoric Notty?:grinning:

You'd be Pinochet in Chile and Castro in Cuba.

You'd be Putin in Russia and Johnson in the UK.

You'te literally everything that is wrong with politics.

To be fair, that's quite an achievement!

You'd be Mao in China and Mugabe in Zimbabe.

You'd be Erdoghan in Turkey and Nixon in America.

Under no circumstances will you ever be a force for human progression.
Stop it Notty, you'll do yourself a mischief :rofl:.

I thought about recommending some CBT but sometimes the traditional ways are the best. Can I suggest a good old fashioned remedy:

I don't believe Trump is fit to be President. Judging by your 'rhetoric' comment you almost seem to be disappointing that I'm not not supporting him? Trust me if I had anything positive to say about the man I would; after all I'm not shy about my support for your other pantomime villain Farage.

As discussed the other night Trump's indefensible failings are well documented on this thread by others, and I have only ever concurred with those observations. I don't have anything new or different to add regarding Trump.

Also as discussed I have question marks over Biden being a poor choice as an alternative in his own right and for me a concern about media censorship; two issues which had not been touched upon previously. Therefore I was quite happy to throw those into the discussion as new items and engage with the debate that arose as a consequence.

I'm quite happy to take flak for expressing an alternative opinion about Biden and questioning the integrity of media sources. If you can clarify what you mean regarding my 'rhetoric' feel free to post it. I would love to know what it is and see your evidence for formulating that opinion.

It does make you wonder about "western democracy" when over here we had pretty much zero choice and same in america.

Is there any explanation why nearly every person aiming to lead their country is hopeless?

It does make you wonder about "western democracy" when over here we had pretty much zero choice and same in america.

Is there any explanation why nearly every person aiming to lead their country is hopeless?

I think we would have to be part of the establishment to truly have any idea of the Machiavellianism that goes into the process. I'd be surprised if even a degree in politics provides any more insight than the theory of the system.

I know many of us allude to nepotism, corruption, privilege, deals official and deals in darkened rooms but how many can actually quantify the process. I'll bet there's a few political memoirs out there to give a protagonist's take on it.

Good lord. You think Fsrage is a democrat? Wow.

Enjoy your concentration camp duties.

I believe some of the issues he wants to explore are electoral reform and dissolution of the House of Lords. Is that not potentially democratic progress, things that you have called for yourself in some guise or other? Are you dismissing what he has to say on those issues without even looking at it, simply because there will likely be some right wing policies in there as well?

I get that you would never vote for his party but why wouldn't you want to see if there are some good apolitical reforms that you might want to raise with your own politician or party of choice?

Im afraid to say they are only a reflection on the general populous, who seem more than willing to vote for them. I hope all these brave new Red Wall Tories are enjoying the sunlit uplands they voted for in December.

Having said that Farage’s numerous failed attempts to join the gravy train in the Parliament he claims he so despises does give me some hope for this country!

Last edited:

Oh I thought it was an anti-lockdown party?

Oh I thought it was an anti-lockdown party?
You should read beyond the strap line. A political reform version of the party has been mooted for a long time, once Brexit had been achieved. The lockdown angle has been highlighted by the press and/or the people involved to get a headline as it's very topical.

In it's former state The Brexit Party was oft dismissed as a one trick pony. Whilst not accurate it was certainly the reason why it existed. That won't be the case going forward. The clue of what it's core business is likely to be is in the title - Reform.

You should read beyond the strap line. A political reform version of the party has been mooted for a long time, once Brexit had been achieved. The lockdown angle has been highlighted by the press and/or the people involved to get a headline as it's very topical.

In it's former state The Brexit Party was oft dismissed as a one trick pony. Whilst not accurate it was certainly the reason why it existed. That won't be the case going forward. The clue of what it's core business is likely to be is in the title - Reform.

So one of it's policy proposals is not anti-lockdown?