Only 2k away tickets for Oakwell | Vital Football

Only 2k away tickets for Oakwell

Rod Currie

Vital Football Legend
What is wrong with Football clubs,they keep moaning how the pandemic has skint them yet in a ground that holds about 5k away fans, the allowance for BLADES is slightly over 2k.SYP have asked for this apparently.£36 adults,£28 for over 65's ticket prices is also crazy.UTB

Another example of being ruled by the weak.

Being dictated to like this for no reason by someone like SYP is too much to take.

Such extreme measures for such relatively little risk.

It's the Covid 'if it saves just one life' mentality..... it's like one single incident is too much to accept and deal with. The culture of preciousness.

How about the police actually face up to their responsibility and do their job?

Nah, much easier to halve the away fans capacity and rob the home club of about £80,000.

It is wholly unreasonable and I don't know how they can keep getting away with it.

A local Derby
So huge interest means that SUFC in association with SYP will only allow those with a trillion loyalty points to obtain tickets

They will then attempt to sell the remaining tickets on general sale 20 minutes before kick off

Dingles are skint and their ground is crumbling with the closure of the West Stand to-day. Seems the issue with allocation is they can't afford to pay for additional stewards when the away following is large. Florist paid for some of their own stewards recently to attend and got an additional 500 tickets, we should do the same.

With such a vastly reduced away following it once again calls into question the competence of the SYP. Whilst they may not be responsible for the reduced allocation there seems no credible reason to move the game from a 3 pm Saturday kick off. Florist took 2,500 and no change was made to the Saturday ko time. Once again SYP flex their muscles to deliberately inconvenience South Yorkshire fans and the clubs in the region meekly accept their diktat without question.

Just to add for the benefit of Rod theres just as much likely to be potential trouble when a team from Nottingham are in town as there is with one from Sheffield.

Last edited:
Dingles are skint and their ground is crumbling with the closure of the West Stand to-day. Seems the issue with allocation is they can't afford to pay for additional stewards when the away following is large. Florist paid for some of their own stewards recently to attend and got an additional 500 tickets, we should do the same.

With such a vastly reduced away following it once again calls into question the competence of the SYP. Whilst they may not be responsible for the reduced allocation there seems no credible reason to move the game from a 3 pm Saturday kick off. Florist took 2,500 and no change was made to the Saturday ko time. Once again SYP flex their muscles to deliberately inconvenience South Yorkshire fans and the clubs in the region meekly accept their diktat without question.

Just to add for the benefit of Rod theres just as much likely to be potential trouble when a team from Nottingham are in town as there is with one from Sheffield.
Surely the £15,000 from 500 extra tickets would more than compensate them for extra stewards and the 3000 extra Blades would bring in £90,000 plus.

So everyone who entered the ballot will get one even though they called it off early so many who wanted one didn’t apply,the rest will be offered to those with 45k or more points
this system is quite hard to fck up but SUFC managed to do it again

No it was moved cos syp can’t deal with us being 10 mile up the road from the pork Barnsley used to play their home games same weekends as us but they changed it this yr what with them dropping down into the lower leagues

It's a joke that it got moved in the first place. It ought to be on TV being a local derby. Glad they finally gave us the extra tickets (probably due to West Stand being shut) - I've got my ticket and I'll see you all there. Not really an away game for me - live closer to Oakwell than Bramall Lane.

So bizarrely we have now ended up with the full allocation of 4,700, long after we could have sold them all. :clown:

Because of this silly delay, it has now reached general sale with over 1,000 tickets still on sale.

And I've just bought one :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

The comeback is on.