One year... | Page 2 | Vital Football

One year...

No, I know what you mean. You can still watch in a crowd but everyone's rooting for the same team (artist), very rarely disappointed with performance and you don't have to stand outside in the freezing cold!!

..but you know what you're going to get generally. Whilst, you won't have the disappointment of a pathetic home defeat to Rochdale at a gig, you equally won't have that balistic moment of win against the odds at Sunderland, Millwall or Charlton.

Trying to recall my last matches in the flesh. I believe it was a pathetic away loss to Wimbledon at home and a poor performance but welcome win away at Southend. Guess it's not far from a year off now and we won't be seeing us this season unless, I guess, the unlikely event that we make the playoff final and can attend Wembley on a limited basis. I am still touching wood that I'll be able to call in my tickets for the three delayed Euros England Group games and the first semi at Wembley. I'm having my vaccine tomorrow, so here's hoping!!!!

Why would that make someone a tool? People have lots and different passions in life, music can be great if you can relate to lyrics from a band etc and everyone is one together in the crowd as has been posted on here..

Football, Boxing and Music are my biggest passions and even though I'm a very loyal Gills fan I even miss a live Boxing match more than a live Gills game to be honest. 🥊

He's obviously a jazz fan lol

Why would that make someone a tool? People have lots and different passions in life, music can be great if you can relate to lyrics from a band etc and everyone is one together in the crowd as has been posted on here..

Football, Boxing and Music are my biggest passions and even though I'm a very loyal Gills fan I even miss a live Boxing match more than a live Gills game to be honest. 🥊

I was being tongue in cheek. Who can miss anything more than the Gills lose? Lighten up. I am missing lots of, in the scheme of things, frivellous activities - football being top of the list (both watching the Gills in the flesh as well as my son's matches), cricket a not too distant second, rugby at Twickers as well as boxing, gigs and other events of the like.

Trying to recall my last matches in the flesh. I believe it was a pathetic away loss to Wimbledon at home and....

I know AFCW are our bogey team.
But did we really lose home AND away to them on the same day? 😳

My last matches in the flesh were v Brizzle Rovers A and Charlton H back in 2016(?).

We were leading both games after 80 mins. But lost 1-2 and drew 1-1 after conceding late goals.

Haven’t seen a Gills victory live since ‘89. Possibly ‘88 seeing as most games early 89 we lost 😞

I know AFCW are our bogey team.
But did we really lose home AND away to them on the same day? 😳

My last matches in the flesh were v Brizzle Rovers A and Charlton H back in 2016(?).

We were leading both games after 80 mins. But lost 1-2 and drew 1-1 after conceding late goals.

Haven’t seen a Gills victory live since ‘89. Possibly ‘88 seeing as most games early 89 we lost 😞

With that poor record, no wonder you were shipped off to Aus!

With that poor record, no wonder you were shipped off to Aus!

Hey! Hey! I resent that remark.

I started following regular in the promo season of 73/74. I know, plastic.
School and lack of money meant I could go too much for next 3 years. But when I started work in 78 and attended regular again, BANG! Brilliant for a decade.

I had a great record throughout the 80’s. Wonderful attacking football full of goals and wingers. All down to me. It was when I announced my pending emigration that we went to hell in a teapot.

I had a brilliant record throughout the 80’s. Wonderful attacking football full of goals and wingers. It was when I announced my pending emigration that we went to hell in a teapot.

Maybe you were past your sell by date... ☺️

I started following regular in the promo season of 73/74. I know, plastic.
School and lack of money meant I could go too much for next 3 years. But when I started work in 78 and attended regular again, BANG! Brilliant for a decade.

I had a great record throughout the 80’s. Wonderful attacking football full of goals and wingers. All down to me. It was when I announced my pending emigration that we went to hell in a teapot.

Next you'll be telling us the distance you have to travel is the reason you have become a plastic;)