One year on n/g | Vital Football

One year on n/g

Nobby_66

Vital Football Hero
Remembering Keith Palmer G.M today and working at the spot where he fell on what is a very difficult day for everyone.
A little off topic but thought he deserves for all of us to remember him. I hope you don't mind me hijacking the board for a minute. Thank you for allowing me this indulgence.

RIP Keith

Indeed Nobby. Many passers by used to think that standing guard outside places like Westminster or Downing St was a cushy number for an officer. Keith's brutal and unprovoked attack proved just how exposed and vulnerable it can be. RIP

That's exactly what I thought when I applied to be fair Vambo, but as you say, times have changed.

Of course that's ok Nobby!
RIP Keith.
There's never a cushy number, when protecting people.

Also thoughts for Nick Bailey and his recovery, who's hopefully leaving hospital today :-)

As someone who delivers in London and drives over Westminster Bridge and past the gates of Westminster every morning I think there is certainly a lot more respect and appreciation for Nobby and his pals and the job they do since the terror attacks.

My Mrs worries about me getting caught up in a serious incident in London doing my job , God knows what she'd be like if I was doing Nobbys job.

Keep up the top work Nobs. :14:

Thanks Captain, although obviously not fishing for compliments, to read the above posts does leave one with a nice warm feeling. But you're right, Mrs Nobby gets more and more worried with every story that comes out.

Give us a wave next time you're passing mate :35:

Had to go to Ascot to-day on business and took the time on my way back [to my sister's] to stop off at Westminster.