One Year No Beer | Page 2 | Vital Football

One Year No Beer

I used to enjoy a tot or 2.
I was on a downer shall we say. I used to drink 24 cans of carling and a ltr of jdstarting about 11am. And as they say eat drink pass out repeat.
Done that for about 6 weeks.
I had a plan, but took a detour. Met my now wife.
Stopped drinking within the week. That was 17 years ago in July.
Now I drink at Christmas or if I'm in Belgium. I love there cherry beer and Stella.

So if anyone wants to give up the drink I would personally it does make you feel better in yourself. Good luck

The year without beer actually means a year without booze, not a great product name I guess. But it is saying being alcohol free innit. You'd think they would have named it slightly more specifically.

For someone that doesn't like Will Ferrell you do love a Will Ferrell gif.

Give in! You know you want to!

Your homework over the festive period is to watch Elf and Step Brothers.

Thought that one appropriate! lol

And no thanks for the homework, saw a clip of Elf, just not my thing.

Managed about 5 or 6 month booze freeze when I was at the height of panic attacks and jesus I did feel pretty good. Thinking I might try go to St.Patricks day next year just because.

Managed about 5 or 6 month booze freeze when I was at the height of panic attacks and jesus I did feel pretty good. Thinking I might try go to St.Patricks day next year just because.

I stopped for 6 months when I first started to feel ill. Unfortunately, it didn't make me feel better. I didn't find it difficult at all to stop, which made me feel good about myself, though.

I just try now not to have drink in the house, only drinking when I go out. The trouble is, I seem to go out a lot.

Still, I do go weeks at a time without anything to drink, so at least I know I'm not dependent on it. Is everyone else in the same boat, or does anyone feel it's all or nothing?

I rarely drink, I come from a family that doesn't really drink. Never felt the need as I'm naturally daft anyway, so I don't have to drink to open up or act silly.
I really can take it or leave it. those who know me will know I don't do anything I don't want to or just to fit in.

I do however have a problem saying no to food

It's months and months since I have been pissed.

Last year and a half has been a huge change in my relationship with alcohol. I have said before on here that this has coincided with getting the dog.

Pre-pooch I quite comfortably sank 4 cans of cider , glass of wine and a bottle or 2 of beer on a Friday night. And pretty much most Fridays aswell. I would then have a drink or two on Saturday and Sunday aswell.
With the getting up early and getting out and about that comes with a large breed dog clearly this much booze wasn't conducive to early Saturday starts!.

So I stopped the heavy drink. Now I'm on a single bottle of beer on a Friday and that's it's. Maybe one or two over the weekend. But sometimes not even that. Just minimal enough to satisfy the taste buds. Don't miss it at all. I have always drunk to get pissed otherwise I don't love the taste that much to really need one. Just as much enjoy more the taste of diet coke or a juice. If I go out I will drink but even then I find I'm limiting it.

I don't drink spirits, rarely have wine now . I drink cider and beer (only really Bud). Enjoy a Port every now and again.

Do I feel better for this big reduction?. Weight wise definitely. Booze reduction and pooch exercise means I'm now the proud owner of slim fit jeans :lol:.
And I'm kind of getting a bit obsessed with the exercise now and like the fact that I can abstain from booze no problem .

I will drink this Xmas. Its xmas after all. But even then the thought is better than the practice because I'm not one for being able to have a huge dinner then drink loads. New year it will be back to normal quite comfortably.

Having said all this. The National trust house I went to today had a huge wine cellar to look round and it got me craving for a glass of wine (not had one in months) so I cracked one open this evening. I was weak there !.

If ever there was an example of why to get a dog, you are it MD. :bow::bow::bow::bow:

It was Golf that started it for me, having to play the next day and not wanting to feel crap doing it. Now I look after the dogs, I'm the same as you, although I probably drink just a little more then you overall.

It was my Sister's birthday on Friday, so she had a party. I only drank three cans of Beer. It was almost hard work to get out for the walk yesterday morning. Nothing to drink last night, and the walk today was heaven.

They do say that your quality of sleep is affected by alcohol, and that is certainly true for me. I also have problems with dehydration anyway, so it just exacerbates that.

Hope your walk this morning was a joyful as mine, and that the Pooch has a stocking for Christmas day.

Still, I do go weeks at a time without anything to drink, so at least I know I'm not dependent on it. Is everyone else in the same boat, or does anyone feel it's all or nothing?

I can't go weeks at a time, if I can get through a week Monday to Thursday that would be big for me! Problem is for me is there's always something going on, it's hard to escape it. I find it very hard to not drink if everyone else is. Myself and a few friends have gotten into a Friday night darts routine for the last year, but to be honest it's just too much fun so I can't abstain!

My only goal at the moment is to cut out midweek drinking, I am fond of a bottle of wine on a regular basis. I guess the only thing going for me drink wise is I never drink the harder stuff, just not a fan. Beer and wine, that's all. Sure doesn't help when your trying to shed some pounds though, that's for sure!

I think you are a bit younger than me, SJH, and I would have been the same.

I know what you mean about others encouraging you to drink. I am lucky in that I can get long periods where I can avoid them. If I am living in town, then we are out at least three times a week. When I'm out in the Country, I can just make an excuse.

You just enjoy yourself for now!!

Was going to say the same, think you are younger SJH...

But you could cut out drinking at home, even if you did it for just one week to start with. Then enjoy the social life outside of the home!

Ha. The thing is I hate the taste of beer. Don't like fizzy drinks so lager is out as well.

I love a glass of wine at the right time though ,and would love to really get into what wines are good etc , maybe I need to speak to JPA.

The same with whisky as well .
Whisky is an interesting subject. There are so many and all different. I suggest the Whisky Bible by Jim Murray. Tasting notes on every type of whisky, including many different countries.