One out, 3 in..... | Vital Football

One out, 3 in.....

RebelBee

Vital 1st Team Regular
So what do we all think of the transfer movement of the past days, feeling optimistic about the new campaign?

Who's gong to be the new captain?

I'm sad to lose Jake, especially to them but if the deal works for everyone then i'll get over it. Encouraged by the new signings and have a feeling that there is still an eye catching incoming deal to still to be done.

Jake was consistent but I think replaceable. Not delighted that he has gone there, but presumably they were the highest bidder

All three new signings look decent additions to the squad. I think Sawyers will probably divide support a bit, he's talented but can look languid. But will definitely give us some extra guile and craft

I believe Egan is a solid defender who can bring the ball out a bit, and is right sided whereas Barbet/Bjelland and O'Connor are all left footers.

Bentley is very very highly rated. I think he could go on to really big things, hopefully with us

I don't think we can count on O'Connell and Field to cover the left back berth, so I'd expect someone new in. I would expect Rico Henry to be out of our price range.

I also expect Button to go and Bentley to fill his boots. In which case we will need a completely new song for Maxime Colin!

100% agree with you both condor and beefeater, i'm excited about Field but it's far too much to throw him in right now.

Thrilled with all 3 signings, as for the new skipper I think i'd look to Harlee or Ryan Woods. We need a proper leader this time.

Sawyers looks like my type of player, athletic and glides about the pitch making positive forward thinking passes, probing for gaps. Something we lacked last year. We may just have to pass around everyone instead of trying to find some crunchers in midfield.

Did you like Swift, Rebel?

For me he is an incredibly talented footballer. But he did frustrate me sometimes by being lightweight.

If we had the option to sign him I'd be quite keen though. He could get past people without really trying sometimes

Generally yes I did condor, for me swift is a player with real talent and potential.

Not his fault, but I feel that his footballing upbringing has maybe caused a little lack of hunger, and the desire to be all that he can be, same with Josh M. I contrast this with a Ryan Woods who also has real talent but has grafted up the divisions. Maybe DS and the coaches can help Swift, in which case i'd be happy to see him back if the deal is right.

Looks like Canos is going to Norwich for £2.5m. Bristol City offered the same for him but Canos felt Norwich were better placed to get back into the prem. He wanted £10k per week to stay at Liverpool but they were reluctant. He's sitting down to have contract talks with Norwich today apparently.

I suspect the Canos-type players will always be loanees for us. I quite like that we pick up youngsters from below, free or cheap, or the occasional gem from abroad.

A pity if true, but clearly Norwich can offer Sergi serious money and are well placed to get back up quickly. On the flip side he'd be a regular starter at GP, and would hit the ground running after last season's relative success. Not sure that will be the case at Carrow Rd and there is real pressure there simply to win every game. I wish him well anyway, superb for us. We'll find another or maybe twist Mr Peleteiro's arm to pop back over for a year.....

As for BCFC - must be something in the water down there, a good sized club throwing around the cash, yet I still feel we are able to attract our type of players in front of them.

Nobody seems to want to go to Bristol City even though they've got money to splash. Andre turned them down last season too. I expect it's because they still look a long way off challenging for promotion. A good first season might have changed that. We had one, as did Bournemouth the season before, and that helps attract certain players. As does pocketfuls of parachute payments!