One month to kick off...predictions please | Page 2 | Vital Football

One month to kick off...predictions please

Due to a settled core to the Gillingham side a good start and sneak into the play offs. Lots of sides had a load of loanees playing which they have lost so a lot of rebuilding for them.

A revamped midfield in an otherwise settled squad. It's hard to come up with any logical argument that this squad is better than we had last season so if we finish 17th again it would have to count as a success.

I don't do predictions .The beauty of supporting a league one side is that our league is fairly unpredictable .Who I would have predicted Burton in the championship. Shrewsbury running promotion so close etc etc .Lovell appears to have made some good moves the midfield look more likely to provide service to the forwards and hopefully goals of their own .Lovell also is not as predictable as some of our past managers .That fact alone makes predicting our season almost a total lottery .I have a feeling there is still enough in the kitty for another player or two .But we may spend it on improving contracts if all goes well .There is also the possibility of a player or two being sold before the window close
All I am going to predict is that this season Lovell will find a gem of two from our younger players .We will be stronger long term as a result .

Pinhead: what are you on about saying how poorly we finished! The 5-2 thrashing of promotion chasing Plymouth was brilliant and we could have 8 or 9 that day.

I'll go for 4th or 5th, right in the mix of a play off place!!

Fooking Champions!
No less expected.
“This ship is set to sail anywhere!”
“A very competitive budget.”
“Steve is very happy with his squad.”
“We are at the top of the hill.”
:toot:

Last edited:
I don't do predictions .The beauty of supporting a league one side is that our league is fairly unpredictable .Who I would have predicted Burton in the championship. Shrewsbury running promotion so close etc etc .Lovell appears to have made some good moves the midfield look more likely to provide service to the forwards and hopefully goals of their own .Lovell also is not as predictable as some of our past managers .That fact alone makes predicting our season almost a total lottery .I have a feeling there is still enough in the kitty for another player or two .But we may spend it on improving contracts if all goes well .There is also the possibility of a player or two being sold before the window close
All I am going to predict is that this season Lovell will find a gem of two from our younger players .We will be stronger long term as a result .

????
Surely that is a prediction :grinning: