One JTW signing | Vital Football

One JTW signing

Blade for Life

Vital 1st Team Regular
It is clear we dont have alot of money to play with. I think to give ourselves the best chance we need to maximise that by concentrating on one player.
Ampadu showed what he can do last night and hopefully he can now fill the JOC hole.
If you take that team last night and substitute Norwood for a mobile creative midfielder who can run at players and stretch defences it would make a huge difference.
In the past we have spread what money we have too thinly and we should concentrate on this critical and key area.

We are not going to get any PL or top-end Championship superstar given our current league position and wage structure.
Foreigners? A big gamble and even they are most unlikely to come.
The OP sounds good in theory, but sadly, it just won’t happen.

We are not going to get any PL or top-end Championship superstar given our current league position and wage structure.
Foreigners? A big gamble and even they are most unlikely to come.
The OP sounds good in theory, but sadly, it just won’t happen.

Agreed. I've read that the CB from Preston will have to take a pay-cut if he signs for us and we are relegated. Why would anyone sign for us on that basis?

People say we need someone more creative and goalscorey than Choudhury.

Well, yes.

But who are the options? They're in shorter supply.

It's not like our current midfield options offer enough to free up a more attacking midfielder to start games on a regular basis either. Not with Berge out.

Berge's injury has changed things.

Someone like Choudhury is now needed. Choudhury himself if available should be the priority.

We would score more goals with him in the team - because he'd improve the entire team. We'd win the ball back more and further up, have more control in midfield and he'd also use the ball better than just about anyone else.

He'd play RCM btw, rather than CM. Leicester have resisted playing him as the DM, even with injuries. He needs to be freed up to put himself about. I barely see anyone in the PL who does that better.

After the Newcastle win, if we signed him, I'd actually feel a glimmer of hope for the first time.

People say we need someone more creative and goalscorey than Choudhury.

Well, yes.

But who are the options? They're in shorter supply.

It's not like our current midfield options offer enough to free up a more attacking midfielder to start games on a regular basis either. Not with Berge out.

Berge's injury has changed things.

Someone like Choudhury is now needed. Choudhury himself if available should be the priority.

We would score more goals with him in the team - because he'd improve the entire team. We'd win the ball back more and further up, have more control in midfield and he'd also use the ball better than just about anyone else.

He'd play RCM btw, rather than CM. Leicester have resisted playing him as the DM, even with injuries. He needs to be freed up to put himself about. I barely see anyone in the PL who does that better.

After the Newcastle win, if we signed him, I'd actually feel a glimmer of hope for the first time.
But would Leicester loan him to us because we cannot afford to buy him ?. I agree that he is the type of player we need though. We need someone like him and a St Maximin/Lookman type player but that is not going to happen.
Just one quality signing would make a huge difference.

It is clear we dont have alot of money to play with. I think to give ourselves the best chance we need to maximise that by concentrating on one player.
Ampadu showed what he can do last night and hopefully he can now fill the JOC hole.
If you take that team last night and substitute Norwood for a mobile creative midfielder who can run at players and stretch defences it would make a huge difference.
In the past we have spread what money we have too thinly and we should concentrate on this critical and key area.
Except for one poor pass Norwood played very well. 🤔

Is there any cash floating about, reporting on S2 the club has taken out a loan against monies we are expecting from the Premiership up to 2022. Arsenal have taken out loan but they aren't in immediate danger of relegation, so we will have to wait and see.

Is there any cash floating about, reporting on S2 the club has taken out a loan against monies we are expecting from the Premiership up to 2022. Arsenal have taken out loan but they aren't in immediate danger of relegation, so we will have to wait and see.
yeah i saw this about the loan on face book,a loan can be taken out on the money coming in. is that a gamble though ,and whats the loan going on ? is it to prop up what we have already to make up the short fall cause of covid. have ya seen southamptons finances ,frightening

yeah i saw this about the loan on face book,a loan can be taken out on the money coming in. is that a gamble though ,and whats the loan going on ? is it to prop up what we have already to make up the short fall cause of covid. have ya seen southamptons finances ,frightening

Just seen Southamptons numbers. "If only, we might, could, possibly should have only lost £47m, but actually it was £71m" Thats Pigonomics right there...

I don't think our balance sheet will be happy reading either but the difference is the Southampton owner is a multi billionaire ours isn't, time will tell.